Monday 3 February 2014

LOVEFEST: Connected & Torn by Kim Karr Paperback Release Celebration



 
 
 
 

What if a “Once in a Lifetime” could happen twice?

In Dahlia London’s world, happily ever after is a far cry from reality. Her soul has been left completely shattered by tragedy. But a surprising reunion with someone from her past is about to give her a reason to love again…

When rock star River Wilde comes back into Dahlia’s life, their super-charged connection runs deeper than either of them ever expected. The more time they spend together, the more intense their relationship becomes, and Dahlia believes at last she has found her soul mate.

But as old bonds fade and Dahlia’s grief begins to lift, her guilt and confusion remain. River desperately wants to be the one who mends what’s been broken—but with a past that refuses to stay buried, is it possible for their future to begin?


 
 
 


Two years after tragedy strikes, Dahlia London is still struggling to pick up the pieces of her shattered heart. As her job takes her face to face with someone from her past, she wonders if she's being given a second chance. River Wilde is the someone from her past. They briefly met one night many years before and haven't seen each other since. Their connection is instant and HOT AS HELL! 

Reluctant to fully let go of her past, River gives Dahlia safety and security. As the story skirts around events that don't quite make sense at the time, but the ending gives us a glimpse of what will hopefully be answered in the follow-up.

When Dahlia and River first met, sparks flew. When they reunited, it was like an inferno. Hot, steamy, intense. River had a rough exterior but didn't act like your typical rockstar. He only had eyes for Dahlia and made his intentions known from their reunion exactly what he wanted. Dahlia had been unsure in her wants, feeling like she was betraying the reason for her broken heart. As her walls come down, their relationship builds and builds...and so does the sex! 

"I swear I won't stop until your legs are shaking and every hotel guest on this floor knows my name."

I really loved the relationship between Dahlia and River, although I felt like he was keeping something from her. They were so good together. He helped pull her out of her sorrow and allowed her to live...and love again. They just seemed to fit.

The ending comes as a shocking twist, and isn't resolved. Be glad book two is out so you can jump right in.

 
~ Review by Molly
 
 


 

PAPERBACKS



EBOOKS








Rock star River Wilde brought Dahlia London back from the brink of hopelessness with his unwavering love and devotion. But their entangled history is about to test the strength of their relationship…

Dahlia was certain she had found true love and met her ‘Once in a Lifetime’ when she reconnected with River. But Dahlia’s world comes crashing down when someone from her past resurfaces, and all of River’s carefully hidden secrets are exposed.
                                                                                                            
River wants to show Dahlia that life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass—it’s about dancing in the rain. But how many times can one broken heart be mended?  Will River and Dahlia be able to stay together or will they be torn apart?


ADD TO GOODREADS






Dahlia and River are on the brink of disaster when something she had long since let go comes back to reclaim her. Unsure of anything, Dahlia retreats, leaving River to wonder where they stand. He holds a few secrets of his own that threaten to break the tiny thread that their relationship is hanging by. As new hurts and devastation shake their foundation, River and Dahlia struggle to find their way back to each other. Trust is ultimately broken and these two are left to wonder if their love can survive or if it will be torn from them. 

Dahlia's past resurfaces in a way that she never in a million years would have expected. Deceit, devastation, and sheer betrayal are all Dahlia can see. 

"He made his choice, he left me alone, and now that I'm happy he thinks we can just go back to the way we were. Well, we can't. And even if we could...I don't want to...."

Fighting her way through these feelings, River tries so hard to understand her grief. When his secrets come to light, Dahlia is left in despair. Never once has her love for River waned, but seeing the secrets he's kept from her bring her to the brink of disaster once again. 

As I said from the previous book, I loved the relationship between River and Dahlia. They had so many odds stacked against them and just as they found their footing, the floor was ripped out from under them again. Neither fully gave up on the other when their circumstances tried to continually tear them apart. 

One particular character (whom I can't name because you need to read these books!!) pissed me off...A LOT. He just couldn't take a hint and the ways he went about trying to weasel his way between Dahlia and River just annoyed me. A grown man acting like a little kid who didn't get his way. 

This book wraps up Dahlia and River but I look forward to the next in the series about Xander.

~ Review by Molly







PAPERBACKS



EBOOKS




 
I live in Florida with my husband and four kids. I've always had a love for reading books and writing. Being an English major in college, I wanted to teach at the college level but that was not to be. I went on to receive an MBA and became a project manager until quitting to raise my family. I currently work part-time with my husband and full-time embracing one of my biggest passions—writing.

I wear a lot of hats! Writer, book-lover, wife, soccer-mom, taxi driver, and the all around go-to person of the family. However, I always find time to read. One of my favorite family outings use to be taking my kids to the bookstore or the library. Today, my oldest child is in college and my twins are juniors so they no longer go with me on these outings. And although I don't need to go to the actual store anymore because I have the greatest device ever invented—a Kindle, I still do. There's nothing like a paperback. So now my four year old and I make dates out of going to the bookstore--it's time I love and cherish.

I like to believe in soulmates, kindred spirits, true friends, and Happily-Ever-Afters. I love to drink champagne, listen to music, and hopes to always stay young at heart. <3

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful reviews! ~ Kim xoxo

    ReplyDelete