Tuesday 23 December 2014

Review - Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven



Title: Bad Romeo
Series: Starcrossed #1
Author: Leisa Rayven
Release Date: December 23, 2014

When Cassie Taylor met Ethan Holt at acting school, sparks flew. She was the good girl actress. He was the bad boy about campus. But one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing, Cassie and Ethan's romance seemed destined. Until he broke her heart and betrayed her trust. Now the A-list heartthrob is back in her life and turning her world around. One touch at a time.

Cast as romantic leads once again, they're forced to confront raw memories of the heartbreaking lows and pulse-pounding highs of their secret college affair. But they'll also discover that people who rub each other the wrong way often make the best sparks.
 

AMAZON US / UK


ALSO AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER


AMAZON US / UK



I've just read one of the most amazing books! What is it, you say? Bad Romeo by Leisa Raven. This book has seriously left me reeling and having some not so fictional feelings for a fictional man. Ethan Holt. Write that name down, you're going to want to remember it. He just skyrocketed up my all-time favorite book boyfriend list.

Cassie and Ethan meet during auditions for dramatic arts college. Their chemistry is instantaneous. Cassie doesn't want to fight it, but Ethan does. So begins their angsty song and dance. When they're cast as the leads in Romeo and Juliet and are forced to spend lots of time together, will Ethan finally give into their mutual attraction? Or will they end up like the tragic characters they're playing? Over before it really had a chance to begin.

I heartily give this book a huge standing ovation! To say I loved it wouldn't even do it justice. This book is so unbelievably written. I couldn't put it down. In fact I stayed up so late reading, my kids missed the school bus because this mom overslept. Guess when the last time was a book did that to me? NEVER! This is how a New Adult book should read. This is how it should make you feel; heart racing, goosebumps, the hair on the back of your neck stands up and, it should definitely make you squirm.

Bad Romeo is the first book in a series. Told through Cassie's first person POV, alternating in past and present tense. There is a cliffhanger, but rest assured, book two is already up for pre-order. 6 Romeo's So Bad He's Good Stars


~ Review by Erin




OMG! I FLUFFING LOVED THIS BOOK!!! There are just some books that as soon as you look at them, you know they are going to be amazing and for me, Bad Romeo was one of those books. I fell in love with the cover as soon as I saw it, it is absolutely gorgeous, and I didn't even really read the synopsis before deciding that I had to have it. I just knew it was going to be awesome. What I didn't know was how truly extraordinary it was actually going to be. Bad Romeo is a superb, magnificent read and I'm so grateful that I had the privilege to read it. 

This story is told both in the present and the past. At first I didn't want to read the past because I thought that it would be really painful, but it wasn't as bad as I feared. In fact, I came to love reading the past so much that I didn't want it to switch to the current time. It was unbelievable to see how much Cassie and Ethan changed in the course of Bad Romeo and it was also a little heartbreaking. 

One of the things I loved about this book was that it focused more on theatre life as opposed to movie life. I have nothing against reading the books where the characters are movie stars, but there was just something so special about it being a play instead of movie. I really connected to the characters and the story because I've been in plays, I know how exactly how the characters felt, it made me nostalgic and eager to be in a play. Bad Romeo just had a magic to it that makes you feel like you're the one onstage, that you're powerful, confident, and untouchable. It's quite a rush and unlike any book I've read before. 

Bad Romeo is one of the best love stories I've ever read. Ms. Rayven really brought Cassie and Ethan's love alive. The connection and chemistry the have is so strong and undeniable. The world melts away whenever they gaze into each other's eyes and as crazy as it sounds, it felt so real to me. I felt as connected to them as they were to each other. My Rayven just draws you so deeply into the story that it's hard for the real world to intrude. 

I can't tell you all that I loved about this book because I'd never be able to stop. I loved the characters, the steaminess, and how hilarious it was. It broke my heart, but it also made me laugh so much that it was almost painful. It made so warm and happy that I bookmarked almost every single page because they were too important to go unacknowledged. Finally, it made cry because it was so beautiful that I thought my heart burst. 

Bad Romeo is an amazing, extraordinary, wonderful, fantastic, beautiful book. It is only told from Cassie's point of view and it does end in a cliffhanger, but it is so worth the read though. The ending leaves you with a good, hopeful feeling that we will get a HEA in the next book. I promise that you won't regret reading it now and you really don't want to miss out on this one!

~ Review by Paige








Writing has always been a passion for Leisa, and even though she originally intended to be an actress, it wasn’t long into her time at drama school that she began writing plays.
 
Those plays were bad. Very bad. Well, her friends thought they were good, but that’s because they were always cast in them and any opportunity to be on stage was met with an obnoxious amount of enthusiasm.

Since then, she’s honed her craft, and several of her plays have been produced and toured throughout Australia.

These days, playwriting has given way to fiction writing, and Leisa’s debut novel, BAD ROMEO, will be available in a worldwide release through Macmillan Publishing in December 2014.

Leisa lives in Australia with her husband, two little boys, three cats, and a kangaroo named Howard.

(Howard may or may not be her imaginary marsupial friend. Everyone should have one.)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment