Sunday 1 March 2015

Release Day Blitz - The Design by R.S. Grey




Title: The Design
Author: R.S. Grey
Release Date: March 1, 2015




Five minutes until the interview begins.

Fresh on the heels of her college graduation, Cameron Heart has landed an interview at a prestigious architecture firm.

Four minutes until the interview.

She knows she’s only there because the owner, Grayson Cole, is her older sister’s friend.

Three minutes.

For the last seven years, Grayson has been the most intimidating man Cammie has ever had the pleasure, or displeasure, of being around.

Two Minutes.

But the job opportunity is too good to pass up. So, Cammie will have to ignore the fact that Grayson is handsome enough to have his own national holiday.

One.

After all, she shouldn’t feel that way about her new boss. And, he will be her new boss.



“I’m not scared of you,” I said with a confident smile.
“Perhaps we should fix that, Ms. Heart. Close the door.”




 



 AMAZON US / UK






When I found out that Cammie and Grayson were getting a book I was so excited. I liked The Duet, but I absolutely loved The Design. I read it in one day, I couldn't put it down.

We met Cammie in The Duet as Brooklyn's younger sister. Now, she's just finished college and has an interview for Grayson's architecture firm. She's had a thing for Grayson for years. During the interview some interesting information comes to light from Grayson. With Grayson as her new boss and feelings in the air, can they stay away from each other?

In the beginning of the book, Grayson was not very likable, but as time went on and he started to accept his feelings for Cammie, he became a lot more likable. He became a great guy for Cammie.

At work Cammie has to deal with an annoying supervisor that makes her do extra work and stay late all the time. While working on a special project with her team her ideas aren't considered and she gets frustrated. Because of this she makes a decision that may cost her career.

Both Cammie and Grayson have secrets. Will their relationship last when the truth comes out?

I loved Cammie and Grayson in this book. They both made some decisions that I didn't like, but in the end it all worked out. They had their ups and downs, but all of that made them stronger as a couple. I loved the ending and the epilogue.

~ Review by Leah



I've had designs on this book for a while <<-- OMG, I totally went there. I'm not sorry.

In all seriousness, I REALLY wanted this book. I loved The Duet, and one of the things I enjoyed most was Cammie and Grayson and their...non-relationship. It was so clear they needed to end up together. Eek, so yeah, I definitely coveted this one.

Cameron Heart is fresh out of college and, thanks to a longstanding friendship between her sister and Grayson Cole, she has the chance to land a dream job at Grayson's renowned architecture firm. She's determined to nail the interview and land the job. She's also not adverse to nailing the boss and landing him too. After all, Grayson is as sexy as he is smug, even if he has been a thorn in her side for years.

Sleeping with the boss is never a good idea. Unless your boss is Grayson Cole.

Okay, Grayson is H.O.T. I kinda love him -- but I didn't at first. Nope, the first 25-30% of this book, I maybe...kinda...sorta pictured introducing my five fingers to his face. He'd have totally deserved it too. But then, well, he started to grow on me. He showed potential. He made me think he could be redeemed. And man alive, could he be redeemed. Excuse me while I swoon. He was the right blend of arrogant a-hole and sweet, sexy lover.

As much I liked Grayson by book's end, I LOVED Cammie from the start. Funny, snarky, confident, smart and just someone I'd really like to hang out with - along with her sister, Brooklyn, because their relationship is all kinds of awesome. Their banter, their camaraderie, their love for one another was exactly as a sisterly friendship should be (shout-out to my own ridiculous sister, because I'd like to think we are this awesome together). Did I agree with all Cammie's decisions?

No, but that's okay. It wouldn't have been much of a book if it was all sunshine and roses and sh*t right from page one.

It took me a little longer to get into The Design than I was expecting, but once I was there, I smiled through the rest of the book - even through those, oh, come on, work it out, people! moments. Like it's predecessor, this book was funny, charming and likeable. And while The Design could easily be read standalone, I want to encourage all y'all to one-click The Duet too. Because Brooklyn and Jason are *sigh*. And because a little more Cammie and Grayson could never be a bad thing.

~ Review by Beth



Cameron Heart is ready to live her life without her sister, Brooklyn constantly babying her and she has a plan: find a job, save, and move to Paris to live the life she's dreamed of. Now the only thing she now has to do is get Grayson Cole to fall in love with her and share his life with her, yet it's easier to dream than to fulfill that wish.

Grayson Cole has been Cameron Heart's crush since the day she met him and now that she gets to work close to him, she's going to do her best to get Grayson to notice her, no matter what the cost. I loved how creative, eccentric and vocal Cammie was when it came down to get Grayson's attention; she had me cracking up with her witty comments.

I loved their bantering with each other and the chemistry was HOT, to say the least. Even though each one wanted to be the one in control, you could see that the feelings they had for one another were real, yet each one was afraid to admit due to their own reasons. This book had it all: humor, craziness, a bit of drama and LOVE!!

~ Review by Kara







I paused just outside of the front doors and took a deep breath, trying to get my bearings. I was twenty minutes early for my interview. My outfit was still wrinkle-free. My pad-folio was filled with extra copies of my resume and reference letters, and I’d rehearsed every possible question that Grayson Cole would ask:

Greatest weakness? My inability to settle for anything less than what I deserve. I’m stubborn and persistent.

The honest answer? My inability to overcome my schoolgirl crush on you even though you’re a self-righteous ass.

I would NOT be giving him the honest answer.




I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday.

I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors include Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things "funny". Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.





No comments:

Post a Comment