Wednesday 11 March 2015

Release Day Blitz - Now Leaving Sugartown by Carmen Jenner




Title: Now Leaving Sugartown
Series: Sugartown #4
Author: Carmen Jenner
Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 11, 2015


Synopsis


Pepper Ryan grew up the troublesome, spoiled child of a rock god. With her less-than-stellar parentage, and the bipolar disorder that has plagued her existence, to say this little firecracker is a handful would be the understatement of the century.

Sammy Belle spent more than half his life saving Pepper. He’d been her strength, her sanity, and the protective brotherly figure she never wanted to have.

They were never meant to be together.

They gave in anyway.

And just when Sammy thought he had everything he wanted, Pepper ran.

Now twenty-three, Pepper returns to Sugartown, a failed tattoo artist with one too many screws loose who’s down on her luck, wielding an ice cream van as beaten up as her heart.

Sugartown’s most coveted bachelor has always been content with the quiet life he leads until Pepper, the hellion from his past, returns to test his strength, his patience, and perhaps even his sanity. But two can play at that game, and Pepper is about to learn that Sam can give as good as he gets.

Can this good country boy survive Pepper’s cruel city world, or will the whole thing be put down to a bout of temporary insanity?

One thing is for certain:

He’s crazy about her.

She’s just crazy.

Warning: Intended for an 18+ audience. Contains sexual content, oodles of profanity, a firefighter so hot you may need a very cold shower, and one pink-haired crazy Harajuku girl.








Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / AU




Also Available


#1 Welcome to Sugartown

AMAZON US / UK / AU



#2 Enjoy Your Stay

AMAZON US / UK / AU



#3 Greetings from Sugartown

AMAZON US / UK / AU




 Review
Wow. 

Just....WOW

I'm rendered a little speechless by this book, and that's not something that happens to me very often. Now Leaving Sugartown....hit me in the feels and it hit me HARD. What kind of book make your eyes and cheeks wet on one page, and your panties wet on the next? The perfect fucking kind of book. This fucking book. 

Pepper Ryan has been in love with Sam almost her entire life. Perfect, golden Sammy Belle, who has been always her protector, her savior, her best friend, and the one man she can't have. She's a special kind of crazy, and she doesn't want to drag him down with her. 

Sammy has spent his life taking care of his Little. His Pepper. And when it seemed like they finally got it together, and could be together, she ran. But now, she's back. And this time, not even her brand of crazy can make him let her go. 

Carmen Jenner just about slayed me with this book. I've loved Welcome to Sugartown and Elijah Cade with a fierce passion, but Sammy Belle... God damn Sammy Belle might have made me question my number one Sugartown love. (Not really, Elijah, I still love you most....but your brother-in-law is F.I.N.E). He's over-protective, maybe a little misguided at times, certainly blind to Pepper's copious faults, 100% loyal and kind of perfect. I lost a little bit of heart to this man, and I am totally fine with that. 

And Pepper. What can I say about crazy, fucking Pepper? I've been there, you know. And I get what she was feeling, the choices she made because, actually she had no choice. I wanted to wrap her in my own arms, and make it better for her. Show her there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that there is another way, that it can be okay eventually. The mother in me, she wanted to take it all away for manic Pepper. 

Carmen couldn't have described her battle better. Either of their battles better -- Pepper's against her demons, Sammy's against her disease and his inability to save her from it. Now Leaving Sugartown had me laughing one minute, panting the next, and close to tears -- or out-and-out crying -- the entire time I was reading. It was real, raw and hit close to home. A punch to the gut. A book that grabbed my attention, demanded my attention, held my attention, and overtook to me completely. 

It might seem like I am gushing, and maybe I am, because I can't adequately and succinctly explain how this book affected me. It's simply that I have all these words, all these feelings that this book provoked in me and I want to share as many of them as I can. So you understand...As much as I love Elijah, will always love Elijah, I have no hesitation in saying that Now Leaving Sugartown is Ms. Jenner's best work yet. Six HUGE fucking stars.

~ Review by Beth


✰✰✰✰✰✰


What a long, strange trip it's been. Yes, I'm dating myself by quoting The Grateful Dead. Carmen! Please, say it ain't so! This cannot be the end of this series. No way. Nuh-uh, I refuse to accept that! But it seems we've come full circle. Now Leaving Sugartown is the story of Sammy, Ana's baby brother, and Pepper, Holly's daughter. Don't let that fool ya! Carmen's aged them like a soap opera and they're not little kids anymore.

As I've come to expect from this series, it has Ms. Jenner's signature quirky humor, wee bits of angst to get those feelings flowing and HOT HOT HOT sex! Holy mother of wet sn*tch, does this book put you through the wringer! Emotions all over the damn place! You're laughing, you're squirming in your seat and then you're freaking crying! This is epic book hangover material.

I'd say this could be read as a standalone, but I think there's definitely more enjoyment to be had if you read the previous books first. The characters all make cameos in Now Leaving Sugartown and it gives you a lot more insight to their dynamics. Besides, you don't want to miss out on Jackarse and Holly, or Elijah and Ana. One-Click them all and enjoy yourself!
 

~ Review by Erin

✰✰✰✰✰








 Author Bio


Carmen Jenner is a thirty-something, USA TODAY Best Selling Author, doctor, pilot and CIA agent.

She's also a compulsive, flagrant prevaricator who gets to make things up for a living.

While Sugartown may not technically exist, Carmen grew up in a small Australian town just like it, and just like her characters, she always longed for something more. They didn't have an Elijah Cade, though.

If they did, you can be sure she would have never left.



 Author Links




Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment