Thursday 23 April 2015

Review - Since Drew by J. Nathan




Title: Since Drew
Author: J. Nathan
Release Date: April 23, 2015

All Andi Parker has ever wanted, all she’s ever dreamed of, is a spot on the Olympic track team. But when an accident leaves her hospitalized with serious injuries and shattered dreams, she’s not only uncertain what her future holds but also completely alone.

Drew Slater is a wanted man. Professional football teams want him for his arm. Women want him for his good looks and magnetic personality. But the well-crafted disguise he wears, the one that helps him score on and off the field, hides secrets. Conceals lies. Threatens the happiness of everyone around him.

One chance encounter brings Andi and Drew together, changing their worlds in ways they never thought possible. Unfortunately, what they thought they knew about themselves—and about each other—might just be the biggest lie of all.
 

AMAZON US / UK




OMG! This book! THIS BOOK! Not only does it have an amazingly sexy cover but it's also got a pretty phenomenal story inside that cover! I have been in a bit of a slump with books I've read in the last week or so. Since Drew came along at the perfect time. I NEEDED this book!

I'm not even going to do a summary of this book, the blurb gives you what you need to know and I hate spoilerish reviews. So just take my word for it and get your booty over to Amazon and one-click the hell out of it.

Jock books are my weakness, have been for years. And Drew, sweet, asshole, cocky Drew. Sigh. I'm a goner for him. Andi, our heroine, is totally kick-ass. Strong! I needed a good, strong, female lead. The plot was so refreshing and original. I couldn't get enough of this story and had a hard time tearing myself away from it. This is a very well thought out New Adult read and made my little angst whore heart happy as hell.

Since Drew is a standalone with no cliffhanger, hopefully that entices you even more. Hooray! A must read.


~ Review by Erin



At the risk of sounding completely shallow, I was first attracted to this book by its very hot cover. And then, by its interesting blurb. So, yeah, I judged it superficially, but those two things aren't why I hung around to the end. No, it was the words inside that kept me reading to the very end.

Andi Parker has Olympic sized dreams. But one night, one mistake is all it takes to tear her dreams down. And now, as she deals with the fallout, she has to deal with something else. Make that some one else. Cocky, arrogant Drew Slater.

Drew is a star. And he's always had everything, or so it would seem. But the truth is much darker, and when Drew and Andi are bought together by circumstance, the connection is strong, the potential for happiness finally real. But one simple lie could weaken them...if they let it.

Since Drew...what can I say?? I immensely enjoyed this book, especially the first 50%. The twists, the interesting and very different premise had me sitting up and taking notice. I had an oh my God moment, but then it all fell into place for me. I knew what was coming, what would happen. The first half was excellent, unique and simply brilliant; the second half, however, while also well-written and exceptionally good, was just a touch on the predictable side for me.

Having said that, it didn't truly lessen my love of this book. Did it change it from a potential five or even *gasp* six star review? Yes. But do I still think this is among the best books I've read this year? Most definitely. The characters were on point, their reactions very true, their growth noticeable and realistic. Their love story was both sweet and sexy, and infuriating and irritating -- in a good way, of course. Their friends were fun and gave flesh to both Drew and Andi, and I am excited at the prospect of more from them.

And then there’s ending... Oh yes, that ending. I really enjoyed the way J. Nathan closed this one out. It was rewarding, real and emotional, and I definitely felt a pull on my heartstrings. So, yes, while I may not have been as in love with the second 50%, Since Drew's first half and its epilogue made every single word worthwhile. And if that doesn’t sell you, did you see the cover?

~ Review by Beth


 

Dreams. We all have them. Some are more realistic than others. Some are far reaching, some easily obtainable. What would you do when you find yourself on the cusp of achieving your lifelong dream, something you have worked all your life to make happen when suddenly that dream it snatched from you with no warning and leaves you wondering if you’ll ever be close to obtaining it again?

Since Drew sucked me in from the first page. You could feel the heartbreak and uncertainty of her future radiating off the pages with Andi. She’s been on her own for so long, relying on only herself that she doesn’t realize how lonely she really is. Until she meets Drew. Hot, gorgeous, troubled Drew helps draw Andi out of her shell. Drew, with his humor and wit, isn’t easily swayed and he’s persistent. The two of them together are amazing. I bought into their relationship from the start.

I didn’t see some of the twists and turns coming—and boom, some will leave you muttering what the hell just happened there? There was a bit of predictability for the ending, but I still enjoyed the story and the characters enough that I HAD to know what happened! You will too.

~ Review by Missy

 

If you are looking for a super hot quarterback, a strong and quirky runner, a beautiful romance with more intrigue than you can handle, than Since Drew is your next book! It was a wonderful New Adult read with tons of suspense and a bit of mystery. The storyline was fresh, compelling and completely engrossing. I couldn’t put the book down and actually read it in one sitting! I have to admit that I was able to guess the plotline, but that did not detract from my enjoyment of Since Drew in any way.

I fell head over heels for Drew – our star quarterback. He is sexy, a bit cocky, somehow totally sweet yet seriously hot. Complex is an excellent way to describe Drew, who is still trying to figure everything out. Andi is strong, independent, and a total fighter. She undergoes a devastating loss and somehow has the courage to pick up the pieces. Both Drew and Andi are real, totally human and completely relatable. My only gripe is that Andi constantly compared herself to her best friend, and usually in a negative light. But it is saying a lot that my only gripe was very small!

Overall, Since Drew was real, engrossing and a wonderful read!
~ Review by Alicia

 


I'm a total romance junkie! Add an alpha male who's unlikable in the beginning...even better. Happy endings are a must. Don’t leave me with an unexpected cliffhanger or someone dying in the end. I’ll be depressed for days. Love triangles and negative people are the bane of my existence. My family, friends, sangria, and watermelon margaritas are the light…
 


No comments:

Post a Comment