Monday 31 August 2015

BOOK BOOST - Broken Promises by Melissa Huie




Title: Broken Promises
Series: The Broken Road #2
Author: Melissa Huie
Publisher: Booktrope Publishing
Genre: Romantic Suspense
 Release Date: August 27, 2015



Blurb

The Sequel to the sexy, suspenseful novel The Broken Road.

“Not a day had gone by that I didn’t dream about Shane, that one day he would come home to us. I imagined that our days would be filled with long talks and moments of reconnection, and our nights would be full of hot, sweaty sex. But things weren’t going the way I had imagined. Baby steps, Megan. He just needs to adjust. I couldn’t change the past and we would have to take things in stride. We couldn’t be the same couple we once were, not overnight.”

When Shane Turner shows up at Megan Connors’s carport one rainy night, Megan thinks she’s dreaming. The man who has held her heart since high school, and the father of her unborn child, is supposed to be dead, killed in an explosion at a safe house. But somehow Shane has survived, and Megan believes that with him home safely and their baby on the way, they will finally get their happy ending.

But it soon becomes apparent that all is not what it seems. Shane is home, but he’s brought some demons back with him, demons that Megan can’t fight alone. Shane is a haunted man, plagued by paranoia and distrust. He believes that danger threatens their lives at every turn, and it is tearing their life together apart.

In this compelling sequel to The Broken Road, Shane must deal with the present and the future, with the cartel—and himself. Megan must protect her family and, when the time comes, must make the ultimate decision.

Will Shane and Megan have their happily ever after, or will it just be another broken promise?








Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK






Excerpt

“Good morning,” he said, his voice still thick with sleep. He wrapped his muscular arms around my belly from behind me, the evidence of his arousal pressed against the small of my back. My breath caught and my heart quickened as he nuzzled the sensitive spot under my ear. Just this one simple act had my core pulsing with liquid heat. His hands roamed north, barely grazing my belly, and tenderly kneaded my swollen breasts. Moaning, I tilted my head up toward his and caught his searing lips with mine.

Abandoning the pan in front of me, I turned and threw my arms around his neck. Passion fueled my body as our lips frantically mashed together. Our tongues clashed, dueling over the right to invade the other’s mouth. Shane’s hands cupped my behind, then gripped hard as he led me over to the table. He swept aside the napkins and papers that covered it and lifted me onto the smooth surface.

Red colored my vision as my primal need took over. Shane pulled off my bathrobe at the same moment I yanked down his sweatpants. My mouth watered at the size of his erection and I eagerly stroked his throbbing, rigid shaft. His head rolled back and he groaned at my touch. There was a time for cuddling and foreplay, but this wasn’t it. His hazel eyes smoldered, and he desperately ripped the thin material of my cotton underwear right out from under me. Craving his touch, his body, his heat against mine, I leaned back on my elbows and gave him the opening he wanted.







Also Available


AMAZON US / UK




Author Bio


Melissa grew up in Maryland by the Chesapeake Bay, where her favorite memories took place near the water. Now she lives near Washington, D.C. with her family, dog, and a lot of fish. In between the chaos of laundry, chasing after her three children and trying not to burn dinner, Melissa continues to find her escape by feeding her addiction of reading and writing about love, suspense, and sarcasm.



Author Links

GOODREADS



Giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment