Wednesday 26 August 2015

Review - The Paper Swan by Leylah Attar


Title: The Paper Swan
Author: Leylah Attar
Release Day: August 4, 2015


They say it takes 21 days to form a habit.
They lie.
For 21 days she held on.
But on Day 22, she would have given anything for the sweet slumber of death.
Because on Day 22, she realizes that her only way out means certain death for one of the two men she loves.

A haunting tale of passion, loss, and redemption, The Paper Swan is a darkly intense yet heartwarming love story, textured with grit, intrigue, and suspense. Please note: This is NOT a love triangle.

A full-length, standalone novel, intended for mature audiences due to violence, sex and language. Subject matter may be disturbing for some readers.






It's been a while since I've read a book that had me so intrigued that I read it in one sitting, not caring that I had to go to work the next day, because I just needed to get to the end!! This book sucked me in from the first page and refused to let go of me until the very last word. 

Skye was living life, minding her own business, when out of nowhere it instantly changed. What she had to endure had me cringing and wishing I could help her, yet I couldn't. 

When I started The Paper Swan I thought to myself, ‘Oh, okay, it's going to be one of those books,’ but as I continued reading, I realized it was much more than I imagined. Ms. Attar threw me for a wild loop and as I started piecing it together, I was just stunned as I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!! 

I won't give much but I will say that this book had everything an amazing story has: angst, lies, mystery, passion, love, forgiveness and hope—hope being the biggest emotion of all to help them heal together. 

I really cannot express how much I loved this book. It definitely will take a spot on my re-read shelf! 
~ Review by Kara




Leylah Attar is the New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author of The Paper Swan. She writes stories about love--shaken, stirred and served with a twist. Sometimes she disappears into the black hole of the internet, but can usually be enticed out with chocolate.




No comments:

Post a Comment