Tuesday 10 November 2015

Review - Out of the Blue by Carina Adams


Title: Out of the Blue
Series: Bama Boys #2
Author: Carina Adams
Release Date: October 28, 2015


Putting others needs before his own was all Mike Carson had ever done.

First, it was the friends he loved more than family. Then it was his country. By nineteen, he was a father, a husband and fighting in a war not many people believed in. After an accident ended his career and his life fell apart, he filled his days keeping screaming fans from reaching the most famous country rock star in the world. And, pining after a woman who would never love him.

Then, everything changed.

He thought he could handle anything that was thrown his way. He thought running my security detail would be the easiest job he’d ever had. He thought he’d be able to keep me safe without getting attached. 

He was wrong.

They call me reckless, selfish, and slutty. In reality, I’ve just stopped caring what everyone else thinks. I’m determined to have some fun, to live life my way, and to make Mike realize that being a little selfish isn't the worst thing in the world. 

I think we both have our work cut out for us.






Ahhh!! YEEESSSSS!!! Mike’s story! I was so excited to read this book. I loved Forever Red, Nate and Lia’s story, and so wanted for Mike to get his own. And Ms. Adams has answered those prayers!

We met both Mike and Molly in the first book. Mike is Lia and Nate’s best friend, and head of Nate’s security. Molly was a young country star, just starting out when Nate took her under his wing. 

After Nate and Lia got married, Mike had a hard time so he left the tour. He couldn’t be around them every day, watching their love. However, Lee was still his best friend and when she called, he answered. 

“At the end of the day, one thing we can agree on. Less is more than my best friend; she’s my constant, the light in my dark, and the one person I can always count on.” 

So, when she asked him to come back to the tour and be Molly’s security, he said yes.

I adore Molly. She is sassy and feisty! 

“Hell, when you lived with a gaggle of men or as I like to call them, my flock of cock, in a rolling house the size of a dorm room, you tend to see more than you want.”

Though, in this book, we got to learn a lot of her secrets that I was quite surprised by. It just made me love her and her strength even more!

Mike and Molly knew each other and were friends before he started working for her, but neither one expected the attraction between them. 

“I craved her. I had to have her. I was so unbelievable fucked.”

The two of them together were sizzling! I really loved watching both Mike and Molly figure out who they are, what they want, and how to get it. They both had tragic pasts and were able to get past them together! This book was the perfect blend of sweet, sexy, funny, and action! And that epilogue—perfection!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED how much of Nate and Lia and the rest of the ‘Bama Boys that we got in this story! I cannot wait for Noah and Emily’s story!! 
~ Review by Tiffany

Michael Carson had his heart broken when his best friend, Lia married his other best friend, Nate Kelly. So, he does what he needs to and checks out for a while, needing time to think and decide what to do now. 

Molly has been called every name in the book due to the media always overanalyzing and taking things out of context, thinking she's trying to ruin Nate and Lia's marriage. But that is just so far from what the truth really is. One thing is for sure, Molly needs better security detail and Lia knows it, so she goes out to get back the best...Mike Carson!

I liked Mike and Molly’s chemistry, yet at times I didn't feel they were really connected—especially when he would call her little one, kid and so on, even after they had been intimate. Other than that, and that annoying ex, whom I really wanted to reach out and smack, I loved how Mike and Molly found love with one another. Though, I was thrown off when Molly’s past came barreling at her, and my goodness, Ms. Adams, you had me in tears!

There is plenty of hotness, drama and mystery but, most of all, hope... Hope that there is light at the end of the dark tunnel. Thank you for sharing Mike and Molly’s story with us! 
~ Review by Kara




Carina Adams has been writing and creating characters for as long as she can remember, allowing her to fall in love with the next man of her dreams with every new story.

Thankfully, fate stepped in and granted her the ultimate wish - a life full of men. Carina lives in a picturesque New England town with her husband, the one man that ruined the thought of all others, and two amazing sons that always keep her on her toes.

When she isn't trying to juggle being a working mom with karate and football practices, surprising her children with her sci-fi movie knowledge, or writing, you can find her with her nose pressed against her kindle in search of her new favorite vampire story, training for a new 5k, or laughing with friends.

Carina loves to hear feedback from her readers, no matter what type.



No comments:

Post a Comment