Tuesday 1 December 2015

Review - Belong by Jennifer Foor


Title: Belong
Series: Seven Year Itch #3
Author: Jennifer Foor
Release Date: November 23, 2015


Ten years ago I fell in love with a married woman. I walked away so she could be happy, moving across the country to make sure I put space between us. We severed ties, and I promised myself I wouldn't look back. 

Since then I committed to someone else, and we have a child and a life many would wish for. Except, it's never been enough for me. There's always been something missing; something I never wanted to admit.

With my own marriage failing, I'm forced to go back to my hometown to bury the man who raised me. I never expected to see her there, and nothing could prepare me for what would happen the moment my arms wrapped around hers again.






Belong is the story of the love that was never forgotten. 

Chad is an honorable man. He fell in love with Rachel and, upon recognizing it wasn’t the right time, he made the hardest decision of both of their lives and left. Years later, he married Veronica, had a little girl and moved on. Until his grandfather dies and he’s back to where it all began. His marriage is suffering, the death of his grandfather is weighing heavily on his mind, and Rachel is there. The ultimate love of his life. Being an honorable man, what is Chad to do? Chose the woman who’s always had his heart or stay with the woman he’s married to for the sake of his child? 

This book isn’t about affairs, even though on the surface it seems like it. This book is about love, honor, sacrifice and so much more. This book gave me the feels. It made me want to believe that love is out there for everyone. Maybe not in the most conventional of places and maybe you have to look for it, but it is there. It may be found in the words of an old man, or in the heart of a little girl or even in the way a woman recognizes and sacrifices for those she loves. 

I liked Chad. He seemed to be real and honest and someone any woman would be able to fall in love with. Veronica was not someone I liked at all. She attempted to make herself “better” in the end but I just couldn’t identify with her. Rachel was kind, generous, loving and self-sacrificing! 

This story is a real life story, the kind where feelings are involved, people get hurt and things don’t always work out… or do they? My only wish was that the ending was better. Now, it wasn’t bad, but it seemed so abrupt. But maybe that’s just me… 
~ Review by Heather




Jennifer Foor is an award winning Contemporary Romance Author. She's best known for the Mitchell Family Series, which includes ten books.

She is married with two children and spends most of her time behind a keyboard, writing stories that come from her heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment