Friday 4 December 2015

Review - The Truth About Him by M. O'Keefe


Title: The Truth About Him
Series: Everything I Left Unsaid #2
Author: M. O’Keefe
Release Date: November 24, 2015


For fans of Christina Lauren and Jodi Ellen Malpas comes the next novel in M. O’Keefe’s breathtakingly sexy series about a woman called into a journey of the heart, body, and soul.

We played our roles, told each other lies.

But now Dylan is no longer just a mysterious deep voice on the other end of the line. We’re face-to-face and our relationship is very, very real.

We still have secrets—but so much is crystal clear:

The thrilling danger.

The raw, naked desire.

The need to keep feeling the way he makes me feel. Forever.

Dylan is putting up walls, trying to keep me safe, but he can’t shut me out. He has seen my darkness and rescued me. Now it’s my turn, if only he will let me.







Oh, so satisfying conclusion…

This is the follow up story to Everything I Left Unsaid so you definitely want to read that first if you haven’t. Left in a cliffhanger that had me on the edge of my seat, I could not wait to dive into this sequel. Annie and Dylan had stumbled on each other over the anonymity, and random chance, of a misplaced phone. Little did they know, that quirk of fate was going to have such an impact on both their lives…

There were a lot of obstacles between these two and some of their own making. They each came with baggage, a lot of it, and things were only going to get more complicated. A lot, lot more complicated. Family, friends, betrayal, and love dog every step along the way as Annie and Dylan try to work things out between them. 

I really liked this duet of stories as the best and worst in human nature is revealed in all its messy good and evil. Despite all that Annie has been through, her need to nurture and care for those she calls friends never wavers, even when it puts her at odds with Dylan. And Dylan, despite all he has gone through, the pain he has endured, still needs to protect those he calls family. Sad at times but oh, so satisfying…

There were some unusual twists I wasn’t expecting and not all my questions were answered so I wonder if there is going to be more in store for Dylan’s family. I hope so….

And among all the drama and strife… This made me snort-laugh out loud.

“I think I got pity-fingered. And she did not like it.” 
~ Review by Diane




M. O’Keefe can remember the exact moment her love of romance began—in seventh grade, when Mrs. Nelson handed her a worn paperback copy of The Thorn Birds. Writing as Molly O’Keefe, she has won two RITA awards and three RT Reviewers’ Choice Awards. She lives in Toronto, Canada, with her husband and two kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment