Friday 10 March 2017

Release Boost - Cold as Ice by Maggie Adams




Title: Cold as Ice
Series: Tempered Steel #6
Author: Maggie Adams
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: March 7, 2017



Blurb

He wants her to be his lover…she wants to be his forever. 

Nick Coalson is abrasive, arrogant, and an absolute dynamo in the bedroom. Problem is, he knows it.

Rebecca Morgan is sweet, shy, and immensely attracted to Nick, but he's trouble in tight jeans and she knows it.

When Nick saves Rebecca from an assassin’s bullet, he sets his sights on the shy partner of a detective agency. But he mistakes her kindness for weakness, and learns the hard way that although she may seem submissive, she’s a voluptuous bundle of intelligence and determination.

Rebecca tries to hide her feelings for Nick because he’s the kind of man that makes a smart girl do stupid things. After a sensual encounter, Nick grows distant, stating he wants a lover, not a wife. Rebecca realizes she’s going to need to keep her wits about her if she wants Nick forever because it’s too easy to lose herself to his dominant personality. 

When a stranger offers to help her win Nick back, she accepts although she wonders what’s in it for him. But Nick thinks it’s too late for his love when he witnesses a tender moment between Rebecca and another man. His head tells him to step aside, but his heart aches for her tender touch.

And as the killer closes in on the Coalson family, Nick wonders if it will be too late to save not only their love, but their very lives?





Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU





Excerpt

“Hello, Jonas! How lovely to see you. I didn’t know you were back in town.” She offered her hand in greeting.

“Good afternoon, my lovely Rebecca.” He took her hand but lowered his head and kissed her cheek. “I couldn’t resist stopping by to see how you and your Nick are recovering from your adventure.”

Rebecca shot him a sly grin. “I’m flattered we entertained a thought from you, Jonas, but I have a feeling you know exactly what’s going on with everyone who crosses your path.”

He laughed. “Ah, there’s that sassy wit Noah has told me about. I’m glad you are back to your old self, not that you weren’t beauty and grace personified in my presence.” He winked.

Rebecca blushed at the reminder she had met him nearly naked. “Please have a seat, Jonas. Can I offer you something?”

When he simply stared at her, she felt the blush intensify. “That, my dear, is a loaded question, but I’ll leave it alone. You’re about to go up in flames as it is. I wonder why that might be?” He gifted her with a slow sexy grin, then chuckled as he placed a hand upon her back, leading her to the seated reception area.

He could probably feel her pulse race, Rebecca surmised. She was no match for his sexual play. “How can I help you, Jonas?”

“I believe I can help you, love. Noah says there’s a bit of tension between you and Nick. I’d like to be of assistance if I can.”

Rebecca eyed him with embarrassed curiosity. “I didn’t know you were into matchmaking.”

His eyes narrowed. “Curb the brat, love or I’ll give you the discipline you so obviously desire.”

She bristled at his tone, but he simply chuckled. “See? You’re practically begging me to spank you. It’s all over your body language. Nick needs to take a firmer hand with you.”

“I’m not sure what gave you the impression that I enjoy a good spanking or that my attitude is any of your business.” My God, what was wrong with her? She was acting like the brat he accused her of being.

“Knees, Rebecca. Now.”

Her independence warred with her submissive self. She was torn. This man’s tone brooked no interference.

“Now!”

She fell out of the chair and onto her knees, eyes lowered immediately. Dammit, how did he do that?

“Becca! Get the hell up!”

She heard the furious shout and hastily threw herself back into the chair. Nick’s order took precedence in her mind.

She glanced up in time to see Nick’s fist fly toward Jonas’ face. It was caught in the older man’s hand, so Nick threw the other fist. He was abruptly knocked to his butt when Jonas swept both legs out from under him with a precise kick. “Calm down. I was making a point.”

Both Nick and Rebecca looked at him in shock.

Jonas shook his head. “Both of you have to learn to trust; to communicate; to admit your mutual attraction and go from there. Or this D/s relationship is doomed to fail.”

“We don’t have a relationship.” Rebecca whispered. “I wasn’t what he needed.”

“That’s not true!” Nick stammered. “I wasn’t what you needed, Rebecca. I know that.”

Jonas looked at Nick. “Explain.”

Rebecca watched as Nick’s face closed down. “None of your damn business, Blackshire. I want to know what the hell you were doing forcing Rebecca to her knees?”

“I want her. She’s just stated that you don’t, so she’s open to play.”

“I am not!” Rebecca stammered. “I didn’t…I don’t know why I…” she could feel the tears welling up in her eyes.

“So you do belong to Nick?”

She felt the tears fall. She lowered her eyes, unable to look at either man as she told the sad truth. “No.”

“Yes.” Nick hissed, coming to his feet, facing Jonas. “She is mine and I’ll fucking kill you if try this shit again, Jonas. I don’t give a damn if you saved my life or not.”



Also Available


#1 Whistlin’ Dixie
#2 Leather and Lace
#3 Something’s Gotta Give
#4 Love, Marriage & Mayhem
#5 Forged in Fire


Series Links

AMAZON US / UK



Author Bio


Maggie Adams is an Amazon Best Selling contemporary romance author. Her first book in the Tempered Steel Series, Whistlin’ Dixie, debuted in Amazon’s Top 100 for Women’s Fiction, humor, on November, 2014 and then again at #61 in 2016. Since then, she has consistently made the Amazon best seller 5-star list with Leather and Lace, Something’s Gotta Give, Love, Marriage & Mayhem, and Forged in Fire. She is also the recipient of the Dayreader Review’s Best New Series Award for 2015. Her series has launched the tiny town of Grafton, Illinois, into International recognition with sales in Mexico, Ireland, Scotland, Australia and the UK.



Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment