Tuesday 23 September 2014

Release Day Blitz - The Next Contestant by Dani Evans




Title: The Next Contestant
Author: Dani Evans
 Release Date: September 23, 2014


Synopsis


It’s a contest only Jax and his fraternity brothers are playing. Whoever scores the most points wins the game.

Kimber’s a feisty young woman enjoying life. No plans for finding Mr. Right. Not when Mr. All Wrong left her in a world of deceit and crushed her spirit.

Jax is the epitome of men. His striking good looks turn heads. Lots of them. He walks past Kimber in a cloud of sex and arrogance, and he’s slowly dragging her in to his perimeters.

This wasn’t a part of Kimber’s strategy—she hadn’t planned on him and struggles to pull back, away from his striking distance, the kiss of death.

It’s a game of command and docility.
He’s gaining control.
She’s falling prey.

When stakes are high and Jax is at the top, will he let it all go for Kimber? Because choosing Kimber will end his game and he’ll certainly fail if he drops out now. And if he backs out, will Kimber still want him when she learns the dirty little fraternity secret?








Links to Buy







Review

Can I just say that this book is totally . . . HOT!!! Ladies, Gents, you are not going to want to miss out on the deliciousness of The Next Contestant. There is a lot of heat and passion, but there's also sweetness and playfulness too. I think you need a little TNC, Tender Never-Ending Care, in your life. I made that up and it's totally cheesy, but it fits.

This book was exactly what I needed at the moment. I've been reading dark book after dark book for awhile and I needed something light, sweet and not super complicated. TNC gave that to me. I smiled and laughed a lot, I was happy and even when the couple were at odds, I still usually felt light. My heart melted often, it raced and sometimes it even ached. TNC made my heart pound in my ears and my breath stop at some of the difficult parts involving the status of Kimber and Jax's relationship.

"No brother is allowed to date a sister of any of their fraternity brothers."

That right there is where the whole problem starts: Kolby and the stupid oath he made his brothers swear to, all because of of one crazy ex-boyfriend. It's totally ridiculous and is the major obstacle the H/h face. Kimber lies to Jax about her name because of that oath. She thinks that Jax never would have given their relationship a chance if he'd known she was Kolby's untouchable sister. An ass-kicking followed by banishment from the fraternity and soccer team is sure to be his future if they are caught together.

The bet, of course, also causes problems. I didn't like it at all, but Jax never actually slept with any of the girls and he never made any promises so he's not a complete jerk. He does stop participating as soon as he starts taking Kimber out.

Jax finds out that Kimber has been lying to him about her name and he gets really mad at her. I was like, dude, you're keeping the bet from her which is way worse, and you're the super angry one? Can anyone say hypocrite? He's all: 

"She won't understand she wasn't a part of it, that once I laid eyes on her, I stopped playing for points. No, girls think too much and twist things around." 

Yeah because we're irrational like that. I mean, why would we be mad or upset that our boyfriend/whoever was part of a bet where they use girls? He's just being a guy though, so I wasn't as angry as I sound. I just wanted to rant and now that I have, I'll tell you the good qualities Jax has, and he does have quite a few.

Jax, oh, Jax! He's totally swoon worthy, super sexy and deliciously naughty. Jax will set you on fire and he definitely had me biting my lip at some of the things he says. Man, do we have a dirty talker on our hands! 

"You're so goddamn beautiful, all of you. I've been thinking about you for so long, wanting to f*ck you with fingers, my tongue, and then fill your p*ssy with my c*ck, my cum."

Whoo, talk about hot! He's so much more than just all that though, he's incredibly sweet and thoughtful.
 
"Bullshit. Girls only want me for my status. Star soccer player. Fraternity brother. Friend of Kolby, who is very well known and obviously loved. They don't know me, who I really am, what I want. But you, you're beautiful, smart, and you have a big heart."

"I miss you already. Can't stop thinking about last night. Your sexy as hell body. God, you're so beautiful. I don't deserve you."

He's so possessive and all growly and primal. He's got his issues, but I really loved him!

I loved Kimber's character! She was sassy, sweet, strong, and she's definitely got deviousness in her. I just loved that! She's not the kind to just let a guy walk all over her. She gives just as good as she gets. I adored her friends too. They are an awesome group! They're totally kickass, loyal and confident. I would love to hangout with all these girls. They're a great group.

My other favorite male character besides Jax was Jaden. He's always got a smile on his face. He's funny, sweet and sexy. I think he's going to be a take charge, dominant kind of guy when he finally gets this girl he has eye on.

I have to say Kolby turned out to be kind of a turkey face. I loved how protective he was at the beginning, but then he tries to interfere with Jax and Kimber's relationship and break them up because of the oath! At first he has no proof, just suspects they're seeing each other, so he goes all creeper-stalker-like always following Jax and checking his text messages! It's actually kind of funny, but it's just like come on, let them be happy, get rid of the oath, and stop being so rude. I think Kimber let him off kind of easy, but when she finds out about the bet, she loses her high opinion of him, so maybe that was punishment enough. He does finally back off and let them be together.

I absolutely loved this book! I want to read it again just from me thinking about it! It's perfect if you need a light book with a super hot possessive hero and a truly awesome heroine with great supporting characters. I can't wait to read more of this series and more of Dani Evans!!!

~ Review by Paige

✰✰✰✰✰




  

Author Bio

Dani Evan studies Romance-ology where she travels abroad many fictitious places and lives in the hearts of countless heroines and heroes. She experiences the greatest love stories, heartbreaks, high levels of angst, and scorching seductions. All adventures have been, thus far, rather… orgasmic! She hopes her characters will bring the same joy to the romance community as so many Indie and traditionally published authors have given her.

Reading enlightens all of our worlds and is the greatest escape from the daily stresses of life.
 


Author Links

Giveaway

1 comment: