Friday 15 November 2019

Release Boost - Torn by Harper Phoenix




Title: Torn
Author: Harper Phoenix
Genre: Contemporary Romance
 Release Date: November 11, 2019



Blurb

She was sworn off men…

…Until an accidental meeting changed everything.

Alissa sacrificed everything for her husband and child. While he climbed the corporate ladder she made them a nice home and became the perfect wife.
Until he broke her trust.
Broke her spirit.

Since a tragic accident changed his existence, Luke has had to fight his demons on a daily basis. Despite the heartbreak that haunts him he is determined to live his life to the fullest.

A promise he can’t break.
No matter the pain.

When fate throws Alissa and Luke together it’s the very last thing either of them are looking for. Is there a chance it could be everything they need?







Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU





Excerpt

Prologue

Alissa

When your whole world implodes and in the matter of hours and your happily ever after turns to dust, life sucks.

I’m left holding the baby. Literally.

The baby being my eleven-month old daughter, Nora, who knows nothing of her father’s failure to be a decent husband… man… well human-being really. He’s a shitty person and that’s all there is to it. Our story started out like your typical fairy-tale. Goosebumps still prickle my skin when I remember the way he chased me throughout Senior school, and the years of romance that followed. And the proposal and wedding? Just call me Cinde-fucking-rella. But my perfect life came crashing down as quickly as that pink line appeared on the pregnancy test. Apparently a tired, puffy and hormonal wife didn’t exactly make my husband’s dick stand to attention. So, in a move I can only imagine was driven by his little head (and I do mean little,) he decided my ex-best friend was a better option.

That’s right I said ex because before she did the dirty with my husband she was the best friend. I told her everything, confided in her and cried on her shoulder about my non-existent sex life and all the while her own sex life was heating up with my husband. Weekends away on ‘business trips’ and doing all the things a wife should be doing with her husband. Except she was his slutty side piece with a big fat mouth and a huge spent pussy the whole football team had ridden so often they called her the local bike.

Yeah, I’m bitter and I don’t care. I’ve been wronged by the two people I trusted the most. Now I’m a single mother with no social life to speak of, and my only conversation is in baby gobbledegook. I actually look forward to the delivery woman ringing the doorbell when I order groceries online. Yeah, I have them delivered. Have you ever tried juggling a crying baby and a shopping cart while concentrating on what comfort food you plan to stuff your face with that night while crying over chick flicks? Yeah, I’m miserable, it’s obvious, right?






Author Bio


I’m a born and bred East Yorkshire lass. Where I still live with my husband and our children.
A self-confessed night owl, that’s usually when I do my best work, lucky for me home-schooling my daughter gives me plenty of time to catch up on those late-night hours writing, although my irrational love of full sugar coke can help with that too—don’t tell the sugar police.

I wrote my first book when my daughter was born back in 2004, but it stayed on my laptop for years while I worked out what to do with it. Things were sure different back then, and to be able to publish a manuscript you’d poured your soul into seemed a far-off dream, one that I didn’t know would ever come true.

While my first book baby festered on my hard drive, I went on to study a Creative Writing and English degree, while also growing our family with not only children but more puppies and dog’s than a sane woman should have.

With a degree under my belt, those original characters, tucked safely far away from sight, still called to me like old friends. Using my new skills and knowledge I decided to give them the attention they deserved. Forbidden Love is the result of those long years of maturing and I couldn’t be prouder of how my first novel turned out.

What began as one story, fifteen years ago, grew to become a series and in 2016 I took the plunge and dove into the indie publishing world releasing Forbidden Love to feedback that blew my mind.
And here I still am, loving every minute, bringing characters that hold a place in my heart to life.
All I can do now, is hope you are here to join me for the ride.



Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment