Monday 8 December 2014

Release Day Blitz - Royal Blood by Amity Cross




Title: Royal Blood
Series: Royal Blood #1
Author: Amity Cross
 Release Date: December 8, 2014


Synopsis


A hit gone wrong, an impossible contract, revenge and the ultimate kicker… falling in love.

Mercy Reid is a runner.


She found the perfect place to hide, until it wasn't.


Xavier "X" Blood always gets what he wants.


He had the perfect arrangement, until it wasn't.

X is the mysterious tough guy from Royal Blood MC who gets shit done. Cross the Club and you get a visit from X. Only one person walks away at the end of it...and it isn't you.


Mercy is hiding something. Something big. Looking to get lost, she runs from one hopeless situation right into the clutches of a monster.


When X and Mercy meet, something more electrifying than sparks fly. Something dangerous, passionate and forbidden.

When you deal in death, there's only one way things can end...


Or is there?



- If you like sparkly unicorns and hearts, Royal Blood IS NOT for you.
- If you like dark twisty anti-heroes and heart stopping roller coasters, Royal Blood IS for you. 
- If you like teddy bears and kittens with whiskers, Royal Blood IS NOT for you. 
- If you like unapologetic alpha males that drip sex and talk dirty, Royal Blood IS for you.

You have been warned.








Links to Buy

AMAZON US / UK / AU






Review

Oh Amity Cross! What in the hell did you just do to me? Seriously, my brain is fried and my emotions on overload. I don't think I've read a story like this ever! Yes, I love biker books. Yes, I love hard ass men and the women who tame them, as much as they can be tamed, and bring them to their knees. Royal Blood is definitely a new spin on an old trope. I love that it wasn't what I was expecting.

Mercy is trying to disappear. Her entire life has gone to shit and she needs to hide. X is looking to fulfill one last contract so he can have his freedom from Royal Blood. When Mercy and X cross paths it's lust at first sight. But what happens when the lines begin to blur and the job gets pushed to the side?

Okay, I have to be vague on purpose with this review because there is so much to this book. Layers upon layers of rich, raw, carnal intrigue. Royal Blood will have you biting your nails and leave you thirsting for more. With its complex story, characters and backdrop it truly leaves you guessing. 

This isn't a hearts and flowers story, most biker romances aren't. This novel is very dark with a provocative and dangerous hero and a heroine with a set of brass ones. If you're looking for a damsel in distress story this isn't it. This is biker fiction in it's best form. Buckle your seatbelt and get ready for the ride of your life. But be forewarned there is a cliffy. And it's an epic one. 

~ Review by Erin

✰✰✰✰✰


I have never read an MC book like Royal Blood or any book for that matter. It is new, original and Amity Cross completely made it her own. I was totally sucked into the story and I absolutely loved reading it!!

Hot doesn't even begin to describe the heat level in this book; it's scorching! Seriously ladies, keep an extra pair of panties or your guy nearby, you're going to need them! X is just *sigh* so hot, dominant and  delicious. 

"I want your body Mercy," he murmured, lowering his lips to my ear. "I want to bury my c*ck in you. I want to hear you moan. I want to hear your screams." 

Royal Blood is full of secrets, deception and puzzles. It is heartbreaking, dark and infuriating. There is also a touch of humor, sweetness and love to it too. 

Royal Blood is an excellent read! I really loved it, especially the ending, even though it's somewhat of a cliffhanger. I didn't mind it because X and Mercy are together, but the conclusion to their story is told in the next book and I can't wait for Ms. Cross to finish it!! Trust me, it is going to be EPIC!!!
~ Review by Paige

✰✰✰✰✰



Wooooooooo! Let me catch my breath. What a story. X, X, X. Not XXX. Well, yeah but....Xavier the main character, X for short, is ALL that. Rugged, tough, dirty, handsome yet a shell of a man. A hitman. One that I fought the urge to scream at at times when *I* could figure things out before him! But then he goes and gets all cute and standoffish and...and...sigh.

This is a biker book, but so different. Instead of focusing on the bars and codes, this crosses the typical biker line. I felt like I was on a ride with these characters. Their demons. Their passion. And.... don't read ahead, but I just HAVE to say, it has one of THE best endings I have read. So ready for the next book!

"If you like dark twisty anti-heroes and heart stopping roller coasters Royal Blood IS for you. If you like teddy bears and kittens with whiskers Royal Blood is NOT for you.....you have been warned." Straight out of the author's notes.

The story is rough and dark and awesome. After reading Beat and now Royal Blood, I am a forever fan of Ms. Cross.
4 X's--- "STARS" from me

~ Review by Krissy

 ✰✰✰✰


How do you make a monster have feelings? 

Mercy Reid is the answer. On the run from her past, Mercy makes a decision to work at a biker bar, The Gambler's Inn, where she meets hitman, Xavier "X" Blood.

Xavier, a member of the Royal Blood MC, is known for being a master assassin. But a job from a rival MC group may prove to be too much.

I went into this book thinking it'd be a like other MC books, but it was probably the furthest thing from it. I digged this story. I was a little disappointed that the mystery was so easily solved in my head, but it still kept my attention. I needed to know how X was going to react and what he was going to do.

Will he keep her or kill her?

~ Review by Keisha

✰✰✰✰1/2






Excerpt

X

Sliding out of the booth, I sauntered across the pub and ducked behind the counter. Nobody gave me a second glance. They didn’t know who I was, nobody did, but they knew I wasn’t anybody good. Peering through the window on the door, Mercy had her back turned, wiping at her damp T-shirt. I could step into her from behind and show her how hard I was…but that wasn’t the way this game was going to be played.
Pressing the door open with the flat of my palm, she looked up at me with blue eyes that gave away two things. Her hair wasn’t naturally black and by the way her pupils dilated, she was amped up. I was interested in only one of these observations and by the way my cock began to stir, there was no guessing which one was the money shot.
Mercy glared up at me, trying to cover her surprise at my appearance.
“What the fuck do you want?” she spat, dabbing at her tiny T-shirt with a rag. “You’re not allowed back here. Employees only."
I stepped closer, not put off by her tone at all. I’d had worse.
“I don’t give a shit,” I said.
She eyed me, her gaze raking from head to cock and back up again.
I quirked an eyebrow, my lip curling in amusement.
“If you want something, just fucking say it,” she said with an exasperated sigh. “I don’t even know who the fuck you are."
“X.”
“X, what?” she said, putting her hands on her hips. Bitch didn’t miss a trick.
“It’s my name."
"X as in the letter x?" She rolled her eyes.
"Got a problem?" I asked, inching closer.
“Yeah.” She nodded at me. “You’re in a staff only area. You might be all buddy buddy with Weiss, but I don’t know you from shit."
“The mouth on you,” I breathed, totally turned on. I knew she had bite in her, but fucking Jesus H Christ. The more she bit, the harder I got. My gaze rested on her tits. Yeah, I was a tits man through and through and hers...
“You think I’m going to let you fuck me?” she scoffed, her bluntness doing nothing but turning me on even more.
My gaze snapped back to hers. “Who said I was going to fuck you?"
She pressed her hips forward, her groin rubbing into mine. “Your cock."
My hand shot up and grasped the hair at the nape of her neck. With a sharp tug, her head fell to the side, leaving her neck exposed. If I was an asshole, I’d just take her now, but I wasn’t…fuck that. I was an asshole. Asshole was too safe a word to describe the kind of man I was.
“No,” I said, running my gaze down her pale neck and over her tits. “No, I’m not going to fuck you, Mercy.” She gave me a look that screamed ‘offended' and it only made me grin wider. “Not here. When I fuck you, I’m not going to share your screams with anyone."
Her entire body shivered and I knew I had her. Next time, she would come to me.
Letting her go, I let her hair run between my fingers and it took her a beat too long to step back and separate our bodies.
Giving her one last appreciative look, I turned on my heel and exited the ‘employee only’ room. I could wait. My cock strained against my jeans in protest, but this was one desire I was playing out and savoring.
I strode across the bar and pushed out the door, rearranging myself.
I could wait.




Author Bio

Amity Cross isn’t my real name. That’s no secret.

I didn’t want my Mum and my workplace to find out I wrote about doodles and tongue-in-cheek sexual innuendo.


I live in a leafy suburb of Melbourne writing about screwed up relationships and kick ass female leads that don’t take s**t lying down.


Insert more pretentious c**p here.



Author Links

Giveaway

$10 Amazon gift card + Signed Paperback of Royal Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment