Wednesday 22 December 2021

Excerpt Reveal - The Rancher and the Lady by Heather Slade




Title: The Rancher and the Lady
Series: Royal Agents of MI6 #4
Author: Heather Slade
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: December 30, 2021


BLURB

A rancher hellbent on maintaining the status quo.
A lady who detests the elite.
Wild and wanton, opposites attract.

THE RANCHER
Long, hot days, working my ass off—just waiting for the cool nights to come—so I can kick back and enjoy the starry night. That’s what I do and who I am. Letting go of the passionate and determined lady seems unimaginable. With fire and heat, she can’t be tamed. She belongs elsewhere. It’s a truth I have to accept.

THE LADY
Debutante, elite, aristocrat—they’re all words that mean nothing. I need more. I need power, passion, adventure, and danger. Being a part of Her Majesty’s Secret Service is the only answer, my only dream, to end this nightmare of boredom. But walking away from him, the rugged and rough rancher who stole my heart, is more terrifying than anything. Can a lady have a bit of both worlds without everything crumbling down?








PRE-ORDER LINKS

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Only available at the following
retailers for a limited time






EXCERPT

"I want you to know how glad I am that you’re going along this weekend. The other thing I want you to know is that I’m sorry the stupid way I acted has resulted in you being so nervous around me.”
“I’ve always been nervous around you,” I whispered when he moved his fingers away.
“I’m even sorrier for that.”
“Quint? What happened that night?”
For a minute, I thought he was leaving when he walked over to the bedroom door. Instead, he closed it and returned to where I stood.
“I had an amazing time with you that night. Better than any other night I can remember. You yourself told me that you were here in part because your previous relationship ended. If I hadn’t backed off, I might’ve done something neither of us was ready for.”
“I wanted you to.”
He cupped my cheek. “I know you did, and while I didn’t handle it right, we’re both better off now because nothing happened between us then.”
I took a step back. “I’m worried it’s going to happen again.”
He took my hand in his. “I promise it won’t.”
“What is this, exactly? Am I going to the rodeo to help with the team? Or am I going with you?”
Instead of answering, Quint brought his other hand to my cheek and looked into my eyes before leaning in to kiss me. What started off as a soft, sweet kiss, quickly became harder, more heated when I put my arms around his neck and kissed him back.
He didn’t pull away until we both heard Wren’s footsteps in the hallway.
“Does that answer your question?” he asked, resting his forehead against mine.
“Pretty much.”
When he took a step back, I was afraid I would crumble into a heap on the floor. In the history of kisses I’d experienced in my lifetime, that was by far the hottest. I hoped Quint didn’t ask me more questions, because I wasn’t sure I could speak let alone think. What had he said? Something about breakfast?






AVAILABLE NOW


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited




AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited




AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited







AUTHOR BIO


Heather Slade gave herself the gift of writing a book for her own birthday one year. Thirty-plus books later (and counting), she's hit a couple of best-seller lists and has had the time of her life. For Slade, the joy is in the writing, but nothing makes her happier than hearing from a reader who tells her that she's made her laugh or cry or gasp or hold her breath or stay up all night because she can't put one of her books down.

The women she writes are self-confident, strong, with wills of their own, and hearts as big as the Colorado sky. The men are sublimely sexy, seductive alphas who rise to the challenge of capturing the sweet soul of a woman whose heart they'll hold in the palm of their hand forever. Add in a couple of neck-snapping twists and turns, a page-turning mystery, and a swoon-worthy HEA, and you'll be holding one of Slade's books in your hands.

She loves to hear from her readers. You can contact contact her at heather@heatherslade.com

To keep up with Slade's latest news and releases, please visit her website at www.heatherslade.com or click the link below to sign up for her newsletter.


AUTHOR LINKS




No comments:

Post a Comment