Wednesday 16 July 2014

Review - Saving Abel by Gina Whitney

 
 
Title: Saving Abel
Series: Rocker #1
Author: Gina Whitney
Release Date: June 26, 2014

 
 
 
Abel Gunner, the lead singer of the band Lethal Abel, is what beautiful nightmares are made of. His gritty, melodic rasp threatens to rip your heart out of your chest and leave you gasping for the very breath he robbed you of. His kisses, detonating on impact, leave you ruined. Abel is also a Dom, and his appetite for seduction is legendary and intense. After a chance encounter with Gia, his need to dominate this woman increases tenfold. He wants to consume her, merge with her, and never leave her body.

Abel's emerald eyes touch the deepest part of Gia's soul in a way that terrifies her. She fears he can see her secret. Lies, guilt, and betrayal lay beneath her skin, and she's terrified of being exposed. How will Gia ever begin to explain? She doesn't believe she's worthy of him, and her greatest fear is that her carefully guarded heart will be shattered. However, she finds herself unable to deny this rogue tattooed rocker whose kisses just might ruin her.

 

 








 
Abel Gunner, a hot tattooed, pierced, muscular rockstar is everything I picture as my type of Dom. Gunner’s actions behind closed doors are kept a secret, but his ex, Morgana, is threatening to release the information. Abel has never truly been in love, but can Gia make him come back to life and get that heart pumping?

Gia Mastro, an employee of Gunner ESQ, was hiding a secret, a twisted painful secret. She was hired at Abel’s dad’s business with two things in mind, seduction and heartbreak. Can she follow through with the plans her mother has given her?

“Medusa” and Morgana are the evil villains in this book and man, oh man, did I want to slit their throats. Without them though who would be trying to ruin Abel and Gia’s life? That’s right, no one. There is nothing better than a crazy mother and psycho jealous ex.

This is the first book of Gina’s I have read and I can tell you it won’t be the last. The hot words of a Dom, the heartbreaking ending, and the girl that gets put in a situation she didn’t want to be in, makes Saving Abel a 5 star read for me. I cannot wait to see what happens in the next story. Write on Gina and write fast.

~ Review by Keisha
 
 
 
 

 

I grew up reading Judy Blume, and Nancy Drew books. I was raised in the town of North Valley Stream, New York (Long Island), and attended community college for fashion design. At 19 years old I opened a boutique. Recently, I published my second novel Beautiful Lies(erotica). Saving Abel(Erotic-Rock-Romance) will be my third and will be published June 30th. When I'm not writing, you can find me with friends and family. I live in Massapequa, NY with my two beautiful boys PJ and Drew, and our Mastiff Hercules.

Reading has always been a passion and obsession. You can usually find me typing furiously while shouting obscenities over my latest WIP. My guilty pleasures are: a good laugh, being snarky, espresso, Pistachio ice-cream, alternative music, sunflower seeds, I.P.A's, twizzlers, and above all steamy swooning angst filled novels. I'm pathologically obsessed with True Blood(Eric ;), Games of Thrones, White Queen, Vampire Diaries, Resurrection, and The Originals. If you'd like to chat. Hit me up on Facebook or twitter.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment