Friday 9 July 2021

Release Boost - Beneath the Surface by Emily McIntire




Title: Beneath the Surface
Series: Sugarlake #4
Author: Emily McIntire
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July 6, 2021


BLURB

Lily
We all have scars.
Mine are hidden beneath ink and smiles,
hard to see and easy to feel.
But the most painful ones are deeper.
Branded on my soul, reminding me of what I've lost.
I'm broken.
Sick.
Disturbed.
Then he shows up, and loves my jagged pieces.
But monsters linger long after they've gone,
and sometimes you can't outrun their shadows.
No matter how much you ache to forget.

Mason
We all have secrets.
Mine are hidden beneath ink and lies,
hard to find and easy to fake.
But the most painful ones are bigger.
Branded on my soul, reminding me of what I've lost.
I'm an enigma.
A mirage.
A liar.
Then I find her, and she loves my hidden pieces.
But history lingers long after you've gone,
and sometimes you can't outrun your past.
No matter how much you want to give her forever.







PURCHASE LINKS

$2.99 for a limited time!

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





EXCERPT

“Stop speaking,” he mutters against my lips. He rolls over until he’s hovering on top of me, keeping us connected with his tongue. I’ve rarely been kissed, but the few times I have pale in comparison.

He kisses me like he’s reaching inside my chest and stealing my breath for his own. Like he’d let the world burn, if only I’d ask him for the ashes.

Finally, he breaks away, his eyes roaming over my face, the weight of his body pressing on mine the only thing tethering me to the ground. “I’m going to say something, and I need you to listen to me.” His palm runs down my hair again, and I lean into his touch. His other hand grips my chin, his thumb pressing into my bottom lip. “Being with you is what I like. However you need. However you want. Getting you off gets me off. Feeling you... learning all the different parts of you—” He swallows, his Adam’s apple bobbing. “It’s a fucking gift. I’ll be whatever you need me to be.”

My chest spasms, stomach warming. Emotion swirls in the center of my gut like fog, unfurling through my body, filling up the empty space. My hand lifts, fingers scratching against his stubble. “And who gets to be what you need?”

His eyes flash with heat, his lips turning up in the corner. His hand moves from my chin, skimming up my cheek and wrapping around the back of my neck. Leaning in, his nose brushes against mine, the moment thick with a tender energy.

“You’re the only thing I need, little bird.”






ALSO AVAILABLE


AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited



AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited





AUTHOR BIO


Emily McIntire is an author of painful, messy, beautiful romance. She doesn’t like to box herself into one subgenre, but at the core of all her stories is soul deep love.
A long time songwriter and an avid reader, Emily has always had a passion for the written word. When she’s not writing you can find her waiting on her long lost Hogwarts letter, chasing her crazy toddler, or lost between the pages of a good book.


AUTHOR LINKS




No comments:

Post a Comment