Tuesday 25 August 2015

Review - Slammer by Tabatha Vargo



Title: Slammer
Author: Tabatha Vargo
Release Date: August 25, 2015


The last place Christopher Jacobs, aka X, thought he’d find himself was behind bars. Ten years later, the boy he used to be is gone. In his place is the shell of a man with murder under his belt. Any emotion he once had was left under the gavel when he was given life in prison. That is until the new nurse in the infirmary joins the block. 

Putting your hands on a prison employee will get you the hole, but some things are worth their punishment, and something tells him Lyla will be worth more than he bargained for. 

Lyla Evans isn’t sure about her new job at a maximum security prison, but showing uncertainty and weakness isn’t an option. Taking care of murders and rapist isn’t ideal, but survival is key. She’s warned ahead of time about a prisoner named X, but when she’s attacked, it’s the dangerous X that saves her. Fraternizing with the prisoners is forbidden, but sometimes the most forbidden things are the sweetest.






HOLY MOTHER OF ALL THINGS HOLY! What on earth did Tabatha do to my heart?! She ripped it out, stomped all over it, and shoved the broken thing back in… and I loved every minute of it. I think. 

I’m not certain I even have words for this book. Slammer is anything but typical. If you know anything about onions then you know that they have layers, and so does Slammer. This isn’t an easy, breezy love story. It’s raw and gritty and will make you sad and mad, and smile, and even give you hope that there is love out there for everyone. 

I’m never at a loss for words but this time, I am. I loved this book even though I cried giant crocodile tears and look like a crazy lady <3 
~ Review by Heather 

First and foremost, I must say, I was left speechless at the end of this book. But that's not a bad thing; in fact, it’s a great thing!!! I'm not going to give any spoilers because I want everyone that reads this book to go through all the emotions I went through to leave me speechless. I'm going to keep this short and to the point. 

Christopher doesn't understand what happened the night that changed his life forever. Now known as X, he's feared, taunted and challenged at every corner. He lives to survive but the life in him has been sucked out. That is, until he meets Lyla, and from there on he sees something he never thought he’d see…hope.

All Lyla wanted to do is work to pay her bills and survive; never in her wildest mind did she think working at Fulton Prison would change her life forever. As she interacts with X she realizes that maybe, just maybe, there was something different about him than what everyone believes, yet her feelings for him seem to blur everything around her. 

What X and Lyla have is explosive, dangerous, scorching hot, thrilling and, at times, sweet. What they do for each other had me in tears and hoping, wishing that they could both triumph once they got to the end. 

Whatever you do, make sure you are not interrupted because once you start reading Slammer, you will get sucked right in and will definitely not to want put it down. I made the mistake of reading it when I should have been working, and I was in tears and turned on like it was nobody's business. Too bad my hubby was nowhere in sight to help relieve me…

I just cannot put into words how much I loved Slammer!!! Be prepared for a ride of a lifetime with X and Lyla! 
~ Review by Kara

When I read the blurb for this book, I didn’t know what to expect. And when I started reading, I had an idea of what was going to happen and I thought I had it all figured out. I DIDN’T. 

Slammer had my mind racing. After I finished, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. This review will be short because I don’t want to give anything away; you need to go into this book not knowing anything besides the blurb. You need to go through all the emotions and think about all the different things that could happen while reading the book. 

I enjoy Tabatha’s writing and this book from her is now one of my favorites. She took it in a direction I didn’t see coming. I’m going to stop going on about this book now and just tell you to go read it already!
~ Review by Leah




Tabatha is a sweet tea sippin', front porch sittin' kind of girl from South Carolina. She loves old, historical anything, wind chimes, and all things romantic. She is the mother of an 8 y/o rock star/princess and the wife of her very own Prince Charming.

When she isn't writing, she's texting book ideas to herself.



No comments:

Post a Comment