Monday 31 August 2015

Review - Reveal by Elle Brooks


Title: Reveal
Author: Elle Brooks
Release Date: August 30, 2015


I used to believe in destiny.

I was six years old when I first took to the stage, and I’ve danced every day since. It’s the biggest part of who I am. The fuel that drives me forward.

My oxygen...
My life... 
My soul. 

The stars were perfectly aligned, and my fairy tale had slowly begun to play out like a beautifully scripted passage from a romance novel. I was all set to live my happily ever after… 

Until I wasn’t.

If dancing was my heart, Daniel was the blood that kept it beating. I was content with supporting him as he worked towards his music dreams, but then he disappeared, leaving me scared, alone and suffocating under the crushing weight of his debts. 

It’s said that opportunity often comes disguised as misfortune.

When one door closes, another one opens. But I wasn’t prepared for it to belong to Reveal, one of New York City’s most exclusive Burlesque Clubs. 

It feels as though the universe is conspiring against me until fate thrusts two very different men into the equation. And what they have in common, no one could have predicted. 

Destiny may have delivered them both, but who stays is my choice.






Reveal is the perfect title for this story. There were so many twists and turns that kept being revealed throughout the entire story. I was glued to my kindle and couldn’t swipe the pages fast enough.

Robyn is a dancer. She has been dancing her entire life. 

“I’ve danced from the age of six. Ballet, tap, modern, street and anything and everything in between. It’s more than a passion; it’s an obsession bordering on insanity. If I couldn’t dance, I would cease to exist.” 

When her boyfriend up and disappears, she is left with all of his debt and a loan shark knocking down her door. She turns to a friend and ends up as a burlesque dancer at a club called Reveal. 

Callum is the owner of Reveal. He takes one look at Robyn dancing and hires her instantly. He is drawn to her like he’s never been drawn to someone before. 

“I’m usually much better at not blurring the lines. I guess the thing about Robyn that’s bothering me the most is that I want to blur the lines with her. I want to smudge them so badly that they’re not even lines anymore.”

However, Callum isn’t the only man in Robyn’s life. Enter Cole, a wealthy business man who is everything Robyn should want. He comes into her life at a much needed time. He is such a gentleman though and doesn’t push her further than she is ready even if he wants to. 

“The thought is tormenting, and although I do want to be her friend, I can’t deny this intense attraction. I think I’d sell my soul to the devil himself to have my lips pressed against hers.”

Between Robyn’s crazy life, and juggling two men, I had to know what was going to happen. I loved this story and couldn’t put it down. The ending especially surprised me. 

If you love your books to be steamy, full of angst and drama, and to be unputdownable, look no farther. This is a must read! 
~ Review by Tiffany

I went in thinking, ‘Oh no, this is going to be a love triangle that is going to go wrong’, yet I was really surprised that it definitely wasn't. Now, Ms. Brooks definitely threw in some curve balls that had me rethinking of what and how this was going to play out. 

Robyn was betrayed and left to pay the consequences of her ex, Daniel. She didn't know how she was going to do that when she was barely able to make ends meet, and if she wanted to keep living, she had to scramble and find a way to pay for his mistake and betrayal. Robyn's love for dance is the way she finds a light in the dark tunnel she is currently in and, no matter what, she's decided to do what she needs to, to continue living and surviving.

Cole has seen Robyn at the coffee shop across from his job, so he knows he has to find a way to get her attention and a way to get her to go out with him. What he does is pretty funny and smart so guys, take notes on this the next time you want a woman's attention!

Callum's way of getting over the ultimate betrayal is losing himself in any woman that allows him to, because he refuses to get attached again. His motto is "Don't sh*t where you eat", yet he seems to have done that and now he knows he's screwed!! 

Robyn knows she shouldn't get involved with either, yet one man in particular has a strong pull on her that, as hard as she tries, she knows there is no way she will be able to walk away from…

As I mentioned there are curve balls thrown in here and, let me say, for a minute there I thought to myself, ‘Oh, this just cannot be!!’ Kudos, Elle Brooks, for keeping me on my toes and totally throwing me left field. Can't wait for what else you have up your sleeve! 
~ Review by Kara




Elle Brooks is a little neurotic; she functions on a tiny amount of sleep and a huge amount of caffeine. Elle loves green skittles and has an irrational fear of stormy weather. When she's not writing about super hot dreamy leading men, you can generally find her googling them... all in the name of research of course. She can be persuaded to do just about anything with the promise of a good book or a bottle of bubbles. Oh, and she also love to write.

Elle is the author of the Promises Series including Promises Hurt, Forgotten Promises and Empty Promises.



No comments:

Post a Comment