Wednesday 1 July 2015

Review - Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley


Title: Ride Steady
Series: Chaos #3
Author: Kristen Ashley
Release Date: June 30, 2015



The ride of her life . . . 
Once upon a time, Carissa Teodoro believed in happy endings. Money, marriage, motherhood: everything came easy---until she woke up to the ugly truth about her Prince Charming. Now a struggling, single mom and stranded by a flat tire, Carissa's pondering her mistakes when a vaguely familiar knight rides to her rescue on a ton of horsepower.

Climb on and hold tight . . . 
In high school, Carson Steele was a bad boy loner who put Carissa on a pedestal where she stayed far beyond his reach. Today, he's the hard-bodied biker known only as Joker, and from the way Carissa's acting, it's clear she's falling fast. While catching her is irresistible, knowing what to do with her is a different story. A good girl like Carissa is the least likely fit with the Chaos Motorcycle Club. Too bad holding back is so damned hard. Now, as Joker's secrets are revealed and an outside threat endangers the club, Joker must decide whether to ride steady with Carissa---or ride away forever . . .







I keep thinking that there is no way that Kristen Ashley is going to be able to make me love a new couple as much as I loved the last couple, and then she completely blows me away. 

On paper, Carson “Joker” Steele and Carissa Teodoro don’t seem like they should work, but their souls call to each other. They were drawn to each other in high school – when Carson was a loner on the fringe and Carissa was the popular cheerleader/homecoming queen. So when they cross paths years later, their lives having taken them down unexpected roads, it doesn’t take long for them to reconnect.

Ms. Ashley never fails to deliver when it comes to intensity of emotion. I consistently find myself taking shallow breaths, my heart doing that rollercoastery flutter it does when something gets you right in the feels. Joker is amazing. Sexy and gruff and yet immediately open and loving towards Carissa’s son. There is literally nothing sexier than a tattooed badass who is good with children. That was my hook. The dirty mouth, alpha protectiveness, and sensitive underbelly is what made him incredible. 

For her part, Carissa is bent in a way that makes her unsure of herself – but she’s a fierce single mom determined to do right by her son. Together they round each other out. Carrie softens Joker’s sharp edges, and Joker strengthens Carrie’s self confidence. The explosive chemistry between the two should go without saying. I mean, I mentioned Joker’s dirty mouth, right? 

Can I just take a moment to say how much I adore the Chaos bikers? Every last one of them. I love the brotherhood and the camaraderie. I love the tough guys with the ooey gooey underbelly. I love the women – this story in particular showed them as a feisty, strong band of sisters. They make me laugh out loud. There were a couple of moments in the middle of the drama of this story that I found myself with tears in my eyes that had nothing to do with the love story between Joker and Carrie. I’m all in with Chaos and can’t wait for more! 
~ Review by Shelly



Kristen Ashley grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana, and has lived in Denver, Colorado, and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends and family around the globe. Her posse is loopy (to say the least) but loopy is good when you want to write.

Kristen was raised in a house with a large and multigenerational family. They lived on a very small farm in a small town in the heartland, and Kristen grew up listening to the strains of Glenn Miller, The Everly Brothers, REO Speedwagon, and Whitesnake.

Needless to say, growing up in a house full of music and love was a good way to grow up. 

And as she keeps growing up, it keeps getting better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment