Wednesday 29 July 2015

Review - Playing with Fire by Lexi Ryan


Title: Playing with Fire
Series: Mended Hearts #1
Author: Lexi Ryan
Release Date: July 7, 2015


Dr. Phoenix Reid isn't who she seems... 

Everyone knows a phoenix rises from the ashes. What they don't talk about are the people she drags with her into the fire.

I thought one hot night with Max Hallowell was harmless. I never expected it would force me to face my past or bring back the man who swore he'd never let me go. Now Max wants to help me. Wants to save me. But if I let him, he'll be destroyed. I can already smell the flames. 

A woman with a secret past. A man determined to protect her. A dangerous passion that could cost them both everything.







I swear I fall in love with the small town of New Hope all over again with every one of Lexi’s books. I was so excited to finally see Max find love after all of the craptastic relationships he has gone through. 

“Why do I always want the girl who doesn’t want me, Hanna? That seems pretty fucked up to me.”

And that is the million dollar question. Poor Max, a sexy personal trainer, has the worst luck when it comes to relationships. He is a fantastic father and the sweetest man, and is so swoonworthy! I can’t get enough of him. 

Phoenix ‘Nix’ Reid has been a bit of a secret since coming to the small town. She easily fit into the crew, but keeps to herself as much as possible, which means men and relationships are off limits. I loved getting to know her story, sad as it was. 

“Yeah, I’m pretty sure my psycho ex-boyfriend from thirteen years ago is stalking me.”

This story really had it all – love, suspense, drama, angst, sweetness, and steaminess. The chemistry between Nix and Max was off the charts. 

“I want to be buried deep inside you and have you ride me until you come.”

I couldn’t put this story down and was so happy that we got to see the entire New Hope crew and their families. I loved every minute of it. Nate and Hanna are still my favorites, but I do love them all! And I can’t wait for Cade’s story! Give it to me NOW please!
~ Review by Tiffany




New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author Lexi Ryan’s novels have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. A former college professor, she now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband, two children, and a neurotic dog. Find her on Facebook or Twitter to chat about books, TV, and her children’s latest antics.



No comments:

Post a Comment