Wednesday 24 February 2016

Review - Chasing You by Kelly Elliot


Title: Chasing You
Series: Love Wanted in Texas #5 
Author: Kelly Elliot
Release Date: February 23, 2016


I chased, you pushed 
I chased, you friend zoned 
I chased, you fell 
Now I chase to protect you. 

You chased, I resisted 
You chased, I accepted 
You chased, I fell 
Now I pray you’re not too late. 

After finally winning the heart of the woman I loved, there was no way in hell he was taking her from me. 







Oh my goodness, Kelly Elliott, Meagan and Grayson's story was beautifully written. Though at times I wanted to smack some common sense to them; they were both being stubborn hard headed fools!!

Poor Meagan was bullied in college, so she vowed to help those that suffered like she did. I loved seeing her sincerity, kindness and love for these kids. Now, hottie Grayson realized how he felt about Meagan, yet she was being stubborn so he decides to play by her rules: being only friends! Ha, like he would make it that easy for her.... Oh no, he decides to make her frustrated but in a sexual way. Grayson was so sweet, loving, irritating, charming, funny that he gave me whiplash—but in a good way. 

I honestly could see why Meagan had reservations about being more than friends with Grayson, but the heat he brings to her makes her toes curl with excitement. I'm not going to give much away but let me say, Grayson won me over when he has the "talk" with Meagan's dad! 

These two were PERFECT for each other in every way!! A beautiful love story of second chances and allowing yourself to love and be loved! And the scorching hot sex scenes were just panty-melting delicious! 
~ Review by Kara

I picked Chasing You up under the impression that it was a standalone. And, in some respects, I guess it kind of is. However, if given the choice, I would recommend starting with book one and building up to this one. I felt like I was being dropped into the middle of a story. There were bits of history that I was missing and the author assumed knowledge of secondary characters that I just didn't have. Ultimately, it didn't hugely impact my enjoyment of the book—but it did make it so that it took me a long time to warm to it. 

That said, I did enjoy Grayson and Meagan's story. Sometimes things moved too quickly and the protestations didn't ring true as they were resolved almost instantaneously, but these two are remarkably likeable and I probably wouldn't have been able to hold out against Grayson's charm either. They're sweet, sexy, and fun together—which, in turn, made this a fun and entertaining read.

It was far more emotional than I was expecting. I started the book a little confused but bumping along on the surface, and then suddenly, my heart was breaking all over the place as my emotions exploded everywhere. It also took an unexpectedly dark turn—I expected that there would be some suspense, but I really didn't expect how dark it was going to get. This is not a complaint because it added a depth and rawness to the story that was otherwise missing. I think this dark period is what fully invested me in Grayson and Meagan's relationship, and kept me a little bit on the edge of my seat, jaw dropped, speed-reading towards the resolution.

In the end, it was very sweet. A little suspense and action wrapped up in this feel-good, sexy love story. I recommend starting the series from the beginning (to avoid the pitfalls I fell into), but it was definitely worth the read! 
~ Review by Shelly




Kelly Elliott is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling contemporary romance author. Since finishing her bestselling Wanted series, Kelly continues to spread her wings while remaining true to her roots and giving readers stories rich with hot protective men, strong women and beautiful surroundings. 

Her bestselling works include Wanted, Broken, Without You, and Unconditional Love, to name just a few.

Kelly has been passionate about writing since she was fifteen. After years of filling journals with stories, she finally followed her dream and published her first novel, Wanted, in November of 2012.

Kelly lives in central Texas with her husband, daughter, and two pups. When she’s not writing, Kelly enjoys reading and spending time with her family. She is down to earth and very in touch with her readers, both on social media and at signings.



No comments:

Post a Comment