Tuesday 23 February 2016

Review - The Perfect Life by Erin Noelle


Title: The Perfect Life
Author: Erin Noelle
Release Date: February 18, 2016



I had the perfect life.

The perfect husband. Colin Cassidy—the incredibly talented, extremely gorgeous, and unbelievably humble star NFL quarterback.

The perfect marriage. Our bond was unbreakable. His support unwavering.

The perfect career. As the recently-appointed executive director for the Boston chapter of Mending Hearts, a child abuse prevention and treatment program, my daily reward was helping to keep vulnerable, innocent children from being preyed upon and destroyed. It’s all I’d wanted to do since I was a teenager.

Perfect city. Perfect car. Perfect house with the perfect view.

From the outside looking in, it was impossible to find a single flaw in my life. I had it all. Everything I'd ever wanted.

But that kind of perfection came at a price. Demanded the ultimate sacrifice.

What happened when I discovered what I'd been missing all along? When I began to question if the lies were worth protecting?

What if suddenly the last thing I wanted was to be perfect? 







Life isn’t perfect no matter what the outside looks like. We all hide behind the façade that we want others to see. That is absolutely true for Monroe and Colin Cassidy. Living in the spotlight as a New England Patriots football player and a fundraiser for a children's charity means showing the world their best side at all times. 

I fell in love with Monroe and Colin’s story almost immediately. The love flows from the pages so easily. I laughed and cried and shouted to my friends, “you MUST read this book now!” The underlying premises that run through the book are not easy for some readers. But if you connect to it, like I did from the beginning, you’ll read without stopping. Laundry, food, everything else ignored! 

Monroe has a good life with Colin. He loves her with all he has. But something is missing. She loves him so deeply but she can’t ignore feelings that are starting to surface in her. Their lives will ultimately be changed based upon the way she acts or reacts to those feelings. 

“Why risk it all for something that could or couldn’t amount to something worthwhile and significant? Why take that chance?”

This is a question that I’ve asked myself so often. The answer for me is LOVE. I would take that chance, make the change and risk it all for love. To know what it’s like to have someone love me from the depths of their soul. To be my person. This book is so much about love, finding yourself and what you’ll accept in life. It pierced the inner walls of my battered and bruised heart in the best way! Love is what makes the world go round and one day it will find me. Until then (and after), I’ll hold tight these amazing stories that the authors share with us to keep us believing… in LOVE! 
~ Review by Heather

Monroe Cassidy had what seemingly was the perfect life. Married to Colin "Clutch" Cassidy, a pro football player of the Patriots, they both are influential members of society. Whether it was Monroe's stance on child abuse or Clint's religious and moral stand point, they had to be seasoned pro's when it came to the limelight. After three years of marriage, they mastered the art of only allowing the media to catch glimpses of their 'reality'. That is, until thing get complicated when Monroe finds something she didn't realize she was missing. 

I had no clue what I was getting into when I picked up The Perfect Life. Not only was this book beautifully written, Erin Noelle masterfully kept me on my toes with wondering what could happen next. It was chock-full of romance, sexual tension and an abundance of good humor. At one point in reading this book, I may have snorted from laughing so hard. The Perfect Life was created to have dark moments among the light. Right when you felt like there was too much emotion taking you on a ride you weren't ready for, Erin instantly threw you some of Monroe's spunky sass that could turn any gloomy situation into something positive. 

I have to be vague to keep the integrity of the story line intact. Believe me when I say I wish I could tell you everything. This book is worth gushing about. From the plot twists to the Grease references, it really is an outstanding read. Just do yourself a favor and pick up The Perfect Life, you won't regret it. 
~ Review by Kelly




Erin Noelle is a Texas native, where she lives with her husband and two young daughters. While earning her degree in History at the University of Houston, she rediscovered her love for reading that was first instilled by her grandmother when she was a young child.

A lover of happily-ever-afters, both historical and current, Erin is an avid reader of all romance novels. Her titles published include the Book Boyfriend Series, the Dusk ‘Til Dawn Series, Translucent, Conspire — co-authored with SE Hall, Surviving Us, MILF: Wrong Kind of Love and Spark.

Her books have been a part of the USA Today Bestselling list and the Amazon and Barnes & Noble overall Top 100.



No comments:

Post a Comment