Monday 11 April 2016

Review - The Randy Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn


Title: The Randy Romance Novelist
Author: Meghan Quinn
Release Date: April 11, 2016



It finally happened, I lost my virginity. Cue applause and cheers.

For a while life was all rainbows and kittens prancing in a sky full of cotton candy clouds…that was until the demands of the real world set in.

My best friend is getting married and she asked me to be her maid of honor. She’s not worried about flowers, or the dress, or the food at the venue. No, she’s worried about the bachelorette party, what kind of penis crown she will wear, and the nipple size of the stripper who will be attending.

I’m in way over my head trying to balance life with a boyfriend, planning a penis party, and writing my romance novel. Something is bound to give.

This is my life after my happily ever after… 







Rosie and Henry are back as a couple and are enjoying their new relationship. The Virgin Romance Novelist was a very humorous book that had me not so patiently waiting to read more about Rosie and Henry in this follow-up.

The Randy Romance Novelist is a great story of their very real relationship. Things get a little crazy with Rosie writing her first novel, trying to plan a bachelorette party, Henry's job, and of course, Sir Licks-a-Lot. 

This book had me laughing at Rosie's antics, while also enjoying reading about their progressing relationship. They were both a little rusty in the relationship department and both did some things that made me a bit irritated, but it made their relationship seem pretty real.

Overall, this book was a great companion to The Virgin Romance Novelist. I look forward to reading more from this author in the future. 
~ Review by Leah

I'll be honest here... I LOVED The Virgin Romance Novelist—finding it hilarious and sexy, and a little feelsy—but I struggled with the ending. Not because it wasn't a perfectly perfect, happy one, but because of a couple of events in the lead-up to it. So, I opened this follow-up with a little apprehension and a heaping dose of hope that The Randy Romance Novelist would be a balm to my heart... 

And. It. Was. 

Oh, my Henry. I ADORE that man, for real. He's swoony, sexy and sweet—adorably head over heels for one of the zaniest, unluckiest, most lovably awkward characters I've ever experienced. Rosie Bloom. I love, love, LOVED their friends-to-lovers romance in the first book, and I am so happy I got to spend a little more time with them. 

Why? Aside from the fact that Meghan Quinn graced us with a deeper insight to the closing events of Virgin (thank goodness!), Randy had charm and humor, and a heat that could burn if you're not careful. This book was a gift, and although a couple of moments missed the mark for me, for the most part I spend this book sighing (because HENRY) or cringe-laughing. 

You know, that laugh you do when something is SO mortifying (Ben Wa balls... Dick dazzling... Orange pussy... Need I say more?), but so fucking hilarious, you don't know whether to keep giggling or curl up in the fetal position? Yeah, that. 

Ms. Quinn is so gifted when it comes to her unique writing style. Like I said, not everything hit the mark, but she's ballsy, quirky and different. And I love that. Plus, there are far, FAR more hilarious or heartfelt moments than not. Oooh, and let's not forget the so-painfully-true miscommunications and misassumptions that had me equal parts rolling my eyes and biting my lip, waiting for the fallout. 

I needed this book. I have such crazy affection for Rosie and Henry, and their bro-tastic and penis-obsessed friends. I wanted to close the book on them with the over-the-top smile they deserved, not the frustration I had at the end of Virgin

And. I. Did. Can you see my slightly unhinged grin from there?! 
~ Review by Beth

What happens when you mix together love, lots of sex, crazy best friends, lots of sex, a bit of naïveté, a bridezilla, lots of sex, and a demonic cat? You end up with the insanity that is The Randy Romance Novelist.

Rosie and Henry are living in their happily-ever-after-popping-Rosie’s-cherry bliss. They’re trying to move their relationship forward from the best-friend zone to the best-friend and lovers/boyfriend/girlfriend zone. Add to that Delaney and her demands for the most amazing bachelorette party in the history of bachelorette parties, and you have one stressed out Rosie. Oh, and Rosie is also trying to finish her romance novel, now that she has some “real world” experience to add to it… 

All of this sets in motion real life hijinks. Rosie and Henry are totally out of their element. Neither Rosie, whose name is so appropriate because she lives in “rose-colored glasses land”, nor Henry are not used to being in a real relationship. Henry has a bit more experience with this than Rosie, but not much. Which, of course, allows for all the stupid miscommunications and misreading of intentions that early love and relationships bring. Will Rosie and Henry make it through the day-to-day stuff and realize that love isn’t easy but worth it in the long run? 

I admit I had some difficulty buying into Rosie and Henry’s relationship in the beginning and I was concerned that Delaney’s bachelorette party was going to overtake the story. I’m so happy to report that I was unnecessarily worried! Rosie and Henry were front and center! And their romance certainly gave me all the feels. I laughed, cringed, got a bit mad, and was frustrated. But in the end I absolutely adored Rosie and Henry. But… I’m still on the fence with Sir-Licks-A-Lot. LOL. 
~ Review by Missy


ALSO AVAILABLE BY MEGHAN QUINN

The Virgin Romance Novelist




Born in New York and raised in Southern California, Meghan Quinn has grown into a sassy, peanut butter eating, blonde haired swearing, animal hoarding lady. She is known to bust out and dance if "It's Raining Men" starts beating through the air and heaven forbid you get a margarita in her, protect your legs because they may be humped.

Once she started commuting for an hour and twenty minutes every day to work for three years, she began to have conversations play in her head, real life, deep male voices and dainty lady coos kind of conversations. Perturbed and confused, she decided to either see a therapist about the hot and steamy voices running through her head or start writing them down. She decided to go with the cheaper option and started writing... enter her first novel, Caught Looking

Now you can find the spicy, most definitely on the border of lunacy, kind of crazy lady residing in Colorado with the love of her life and her five, furry four legged children, hiking a trail or hiding behind shelves at grocery stores, wondering what kind of lube the nervous stranger will bring home to his wife. Oh and she loves a good boob squeeze!



No comments:

Post a Comment