Friday 23 October 2015

Review - Unforgettable by Cherie M. Hudson


Title: Unforgettable
Series: Always #2
Author: Cherie M. Hudson
Release Date: October 22, 2015


My name is Brendon Osmond. I'm a 25 year old post-graduate student who knows three things with absolute conviction. I know damn near everything there is to know about keeping in peak physical shape. I have a plan to make a lot of money from that knowledge. I'm an optimist who's not easily rattled. But then the girl I fell in love with almost two years ago texts me out of the blue and everything I know is thrown out the window.

Am I rattled?

No.

Not until I fly to the other side of the world and discover the girl I fell for has kept a very big secret from me.

A secret that mocks all my knowledge of the human body and how to keep it healthy.

A secret that shatters my plans for my own personal training business.

A secret with my eyes.

A secret who needs me more than I can comprehend.

Ask me again if I'm rattled.

Now ask me if I'm still in love.






I freaking FLOVED this book!! I was happy when Cherie M. Hudson teased us with a preview of Brendon's story, because I simply couldn't get enough of Bren and his F*cking Hot Aussie Self!! He's stolen my heart and I don't need or want it back! **Sigh**

Bren's happy living his life in Australia and getting ready to get his future plans going. That is, until the first woman Bren ever loved all of a sudden sends him a text message. It's been almost two years since their last communication, yet one thing is for sure, he's never stopped loving her. Despite being apart so long, seeing how much Bren still cared for her—despite her breaking his heart—had me wary on if he should reach out to her. 

Amanda has regretted turning away from Bren and, despite her horrible decision, she needs him now more than ever. I wanted to hate Amanda for what she did to Bren, and I kinda did at first, but as I kept reading my heart kept thawing out slowly. And when I got the full story, I realized why she did what she did. 

I'm not going to spoil it, just know that this was everything I expected—and so much more. I laughed, cried, cringed, and loved reading their story and how real it felt! Their love was true love and no matter what was thrown at them, and who was against them, it was meant to triumph! The question is, would it still survive what they are about to encounter…and would they ever be the same? 
~ Review by Kara

I was looking very forward to this book. I loved the first book about Maci and Raph, and couldn’t wait for Brendon to get his happy ever after. 

Brendon Osmond, aka Mr. Bicep, is an optimist. 

“That’s what it’s all about. Living. Enjoying every minute of every day we have. Not wasting it with second-guessing, regret, hoping in vain, wishful thinking or moping.” 

He’s only been in love twice. One was Maci. The other was Amanda, the one who got away.

When Amanda texts him out of the blue after more than two years of silence saying she needs him, Brendon hopes a flight to America, no questions asked. That is just the kind of man he is and as much as he thinks he’s over Amanda, he knows he isn’t. And his life is forever changed.

“What we think and what is real however, doesn’t always line up.”

I have to be honest. I wasn’t prepared for the heartbreak this story held. I probably wouldn’t have read it at all if I had known what was going to happen. Not because the writing wasn’t amazing, but because it hits too close to home. I don’t want to give any spoilers, but I will say that, as a parent who has unfortunately lived through three plus years of what Amanda had to go through, Ms. Hudson did the story justice. It was real and raw and made me ugly cry. Make sure you have tissues on hand! And I am very glad that I forced myself to continue reading this story because although it was hard, it was worth it. The love between Amanda and Brendon was amazing. 

“I loved her. And she loved me. And when you realize something as profound as that, when it really, really hits you, you have no other choice but to surrender to your heart.” 

The love and devotion from family and friends was fantastic! And watching Brendon become a better man melted my heart. This was such a heartbreaking, emotional, heartwarming, phenomenal story! 
~ Review by Tiffany

Brendan and Amanda were briefly discussed in book one, but this can be read standalone with minimal confusion. 

I am not really sure how to write this review in my typical form so I am just going to pour my heart out instead. When I first started this book, I was a bit confused as it was so different from book one, while at the same time, very similar. 

Unforgettable was hard to read as was hit in the ballpark that could have been my reality. Five years ago, I was in the position Amanda was in—luckily I had a very different outcome. 

This book is filled with emotions, love so great it will knock you over, heartache, and second chances. No matter if you can empathize with the characters or not, the story was so good it sucked me in and was hard to put down. 

I hope Cherie will continue with this series as I have fallen in love with her writing and the characters she puts on the pages. 
~ Review by Devlynn




Cherie M Hudson is happily married to the man of her dreams, is a busy mum of two little girls (one nine going on sixteen, the other five going on twenty), a proud cat owner (although she suspect the cat thinks she owns her) and an insanely manic writer. She has written over forty erotic romances under the pen name Lexxie Couper. Along time ago she gave up trying to suppress the stories in her head constantly trying to escape and has been blissfully happy since.



No comments:

Post a Comment