Monday 4 April 2016

Review - Unseen Messages by Pepper Winters


Title: Unseen Messages 
Author: Pepper Winters
Release Date: March 30, 2016


"Instincts are what keep us safe from fate. Ignoring them can change your life forever."

Fame and fortune arrived overnight and after months on the road with her singing tour, all Estelle craves is peace. Tired and ready for paradise, she travels to Fiji to recuperate.

Stubborn and surly, Galloway is avoided by most—which is exactly the way he likes it. However, he's done spending his life in regret and hopes to find redemption in the tropical wilderness.

Together, they board the flight that changes their fate forever. Crash landing on a deserted island, they not only have to figure out how to survive with no skills and daily dangers—learning how to fish, find water, and build shelter—but also inherit two children who look to them to keep them alive.

However, staying alive might be the least of Galloway and Estelle's problems. As days creep to months and rescue doesn't find them, their desire for each other ignites.

They started as strangers.
They grew to be friends.
They fought the desire to be lovers.

Lust can be the most beautiful thing. Love the most rewarding. But not on an island where life hangs by a thread and giving into temptation can kill you.


Can they survive being forgotten or will love be their ultimate undoing? 


From New York Times Bestseller Pepper Winters comes a timeless love story answering the question of what happens when everything is stripped away.






My life is forever changed by Unseen Messages and the message it gave to me. Life is precious, it is to be cherished and it can be taken from us at the drop of a hat. 

"There is a message for everything. From handwritten to verbal, seen and unseen. Messages exist all around us."

But what if you don't see?
What if you don't understand?
What if, by ignoring the message, your life is never the same again? 
—Pepper Winters

Normally this is the time I would sit and tell you all about the story. But this isn’t that kind of review. Like Pepper did, I’m going to dare to be different by telling you how my outlook on life has changed after reading Unseen Messages. How do we know if we’ve missed messages? Did we take the wrong path when the universe was clearly pointing us in a different direction? Is our life forever changed for the better because of the path we took? Sometimes what we think is a detrimental mistake sends us on a better road then we could have ever imagined. 

All of these messages are trying to tell us something. Good. Bad. Life-altering. Loving. Caring. So many messages we get on a daily basis, and how open we are to the world and how in tune we are with ourselves allows us to be open to the messages. 

I’ve recently made some huge life changes, and yet I wonder, did I miss a pivotal message? Is there something that I should have seen and didn’t? And then I realize, I’m not going to look back anymore because things do happen for a reason. But I am going to consciously open myself up to the messages coming forward. Taking better care of me. Following my dreams. Hashing out what those dreams really are. Using the world of introspection, dreams and desire, along with the magic of the universe to point me in the right direction. 

I don’t dream of being stranded on a desert island with no electricity or medical care, but I do dream and desire a simpler life filled with love and compassion for others. Less hatred, distrust of others, and meanness. That may sound like a child's dreams, but there are places that those things can be found. Call it naive, or whatever you see fit, a simpler, compassion filled life is one of my dreams. 

What messages will you be more open to moving on? 

Thank you, Pepper, for changing my outlook on life! 
~ Review by Heather

Holy Mother of survival novels, this is one of the best books Pepper Winters has written yet! (And I FLOVED all the other books she has released.)

So, imagine the universe is telling you your plan is bad and not to do something. Just because the signs all point in one direction while you are headed in another, doesn’t mean anything bad will happen, right? 

This book made me (more) terrified to fly, afraid of Fiji, and never want to see the ocean ever again at the exact same time it made me want to hop on a plane to Fiji and swim in the ocean. 

The two main characters we follow are strangers, who happen to get into a really bad situation, with other strangers. What becomes of them and their lives is something you will need to experience for yourself. Even if I wanted to sum it all up and put a nice bow on it, nothing I say could encompass the depth to which Ms. Winters has brought us into the story. 

I was really expecting this book to be a lot like her other books; dark, full of heat and an alpha male to die for. What I got was a book that made me take a look in the mirror and wonder just how well I would fare on that island. When a romance book teaches you more about survival than you have ever know before… Well, it made me want to head to the nearest survivalist camp and sign up (but then I remembered I like toilets). 

Overall, this is one book that is going to stick with me for a very long time. More than just the love story that bloomed from an impossible situation, this book is about letting go of the past, finding an inner strength and learning to love the new normal in your life. We can’t change fate, we can only adapt. 
~ Review by Devlynn

This story is unlike anything I have ever read. It was amazing, emotional, and I loved every minute of it! It’s a true story of survival, hope, and most of all love; the power of love and what it can do. 

“I’m not meant to get on the plane. Do. Not. Get. On. That. Plane.”

Estelle Evermore was getting all kinds of messages about her flight home after her music tour. But she just wanted to get home and ignored the signs. So, even when the weather was less than ideal, she boarded a helicopter with six others. 

Galloway Oak was running from his past, looking for ways to atone. He was going to Fiji to build houses, and was going to get there one way or another. Charting a helicopter with six other people lead him to her. 

“Stupid girl. Stupid, beautiful, sexy-as-hell girl.”

Crash landing on a deserted island with no means of survival most definitely wasn’t in the plans. But it was their reality, and together, Estelle and Galloway created a life. Together they were able to start feeling, stop hiding, and be their true selves. 

“You don’t fear me, Estelle. You fear what I can make you feel.”

I honestly don’t know what else to say about this book except that I will never be the same now that I have read it. It is a life-changing, complete must read!! 

“Life was a journey and no one (no matter how wishful, bossy, or opinionated) could change the destination.” 

You will never look at life the same, and it will be worth every minute. This is not an easy read, but it is a must read! 
~ Review by Tiffany






Pepper Winters is a multiple New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today International Bestseller. She loves romance, star-crossed lovers, and the forbidden taboo.

After chasing her dreams to become a full-time writer, Pepper has earned recognition with awards for best Dark Romance, best BDSM Series, and best Hero. She’s an #1 iBooks bestseller, along with #1 in Erotic Romance, Romantic Suspense, Contemporary, and Erotica Thriller. She’s also honoured to wear the IndieReader Badge for being a Top 10 Indie Bestseller.

After releasing two books with Grand Central, Hachette (Ruin & Rule and Sin & Suffer) Pepper is a Hybrid Author of both Traditional and Self-published work.

Represented by Trident Media, her books have garnered foreign interest and are currently being translated into numerous languages, including already released titles in Italian and Turkish. Audio Books for her entire back-list will be available in 2016.



No comments:

Post a Comment