Tuesday 19 May 2015

Review - Swoon by CM Foss



Title: Swoon
Author: CM Foss
Release Date: April 2, 2015



Steph

I’ve never been your typical girl. I didn’t grow up in a warm fuzzy family, and emotions weren’t something I needed now. Love has never been something I could wrap my mind around, so why bother? I know what I’m good at. I’m a great friend, have a passion for healing others, and a way with horses. I can be all those things at the same time without ever discussing my own feelings.
Until him.


Lawrence

I’ve always been told I have a way with words. It’s one reason I manage the family business so well. I can wine and dine with the best of them, selling bloodlines and high-priced stallion services over a five-course dinner. I’m able to talk myself into or out of just about anything and anyone.
Until her.

****

Young and carefree, living worlds apart, they indulged in what seemed like the perfect fling.

Until Lawrence decided he wanted more.

Until Steph’s careful world fell apart.

Until they had to decide if love was worth the fight.






AMAZON US / UK



A hot, cocky cowboy with a heart of gold and a dirty mouth… Swoon is right!! This is the second book I have read by C.M. Foss and I enjoyed it even more than the first!

What was a one night stand turned into so much more, but not without a lot of fights, regrets, and moments full of sexual tension. Steph doesn’t do relationships. They are high maintenance and full of drama. She would much rather not deal with that.

“Lord knows the man loves the F words. Fuck. Obviously. Family. Of course. Future. Sigh. Feelings. Unfortunately.”

But one night with Lawrence, and she can’t forget it. The two try the friend route and after years of hot and cold, they finally come together in a perfect combination.

“I fell for you years ago, and I’ve never really gotten back up.”

This story was amazing and I couldn’t put it down. It made me laugh. Both Steph and Lawrence were hilarious.

“Why are you being such an asshole? I don’t understand. You weren’t even this big of a dick yesterday. Did you grow into a bigger one overnight?” I widened my eyes. “Is it like morning wood?”

It was steamy – that fence scene, holy hell! It was full of hope, love, emotion, and overcoming obstacles. I loved how much we got to see of Lissa and Ethan from Shiver as well; that epilogue was perfection!

I look forward to many more books from C.M. as I love her writing style. She writes with emotion, yet it’s light and upbeat. It makes you feel like part of the gang.


~ Review by Tiffany



Oh, Lawry! How quickly you made me forget my other book boyfriends. You, with your sweet, sensitive nature and your quick wit. You, with your willingness to look like a complete goon in front of the world. You, with your sinful tongue and dirty, dirty mind. I was powerless to resist you.

We first met Steph and Lawry in Shiver, and while we got little glimpses of how their lives stayed intertwined in that book, Swoon tells their full story, sticking to essentially the same timeline as Shiver. I really enjoyed that about this book. It’s not necessary to have read Shiver to read Swoon, but it was worth it to see the different perspective on the characters in each book.

I really liked this book. It took me a while to feel really invested in the relationship between Lawry and Steph, but I think that’s because it took them a while to feel invested in themselves. Once things finally came together for them, I was all in and enjoyed every single thing about this couple.

They have a playful, sweet relationship. And Lawry brings the steam in spades. See above re: sinful tongue. I think that was one of my favorite things about the book. Lawry is written as a handsome, affable, good natured goof, but that boy is d-i-r-t-y dirty. It’s enough to make a girl, well, Swoon!

~ Review by Shelly








 

No comments:

Post a Comment