Thursday 14 May 2015

Review - Carry Me Home by Lia Riley



Image Map
Title: Carry Me Home
Series: Off the Map #3.1
Author: Lia Riley
Release Date: May 5, 2015



Love doesn’t have to be perfect to be true…

Years ago, Tanner Green loved Sunny Letman. She was meant to be his first kiss, first love, first everything. Then their world spun upside-down and out of control.

Free-spirited Sunny doesn’t do commitment. Sure, guys are great for a night or a week, but she always leaves first. That is, until professional skateboarder and town golden boy, Tanner Green, unexpectedly walks back into her life.

Despite their broken history, a fragile and undeniably electric connection still holds them together. Now Tanner has to convince Sunny that even though love isn’t always perfect, it’s worth sticking around for. . .







AMAZON US




This series sucked me in with no hope of spitting me back out. I knew I would love the latest novella, Carry Me Home; I didn't realize how much I would love it though. This book sucked me into a rabbit hole of the greatest proportions. I finished the book practically begging for more. Lia has me wondering how she'll be able to top this extremely sexy, twisted and deeply devoted love story.
 
~ Review by Kelly
 


Lia Riley's Off the Map series is one of my absolute favorites, so getting my hands on this excellent novella was a genuine treat. And Carry Me Home was, like the other books I've loved so, pure perfection.

Sunny Letman doesn't do boyfriends. Sex, yes. Commitment, no. But when Tanner Green walks back into her life, years after they fell apart, she starts to question her commitment to non-commitment.

For Tanner, Sunny represents what should have been. His first everything. Despite their heartbreaking pasts, he's convinced that she can still be his everything...if he can just get through to her.

Ms. Riley is an amazing writer. This novella reads like a full-length book, a fully formed and executed story from start to finish. Did it end too soon? Yes, but only because I fell for Sunny and Tanner and wanted to read about them forever. But did it feel incomplete or rushed, as novellas sometimes do? Hell. No.

Carry Me Home was filled with all the things I loved about the first three Off the Map books. Humor, sass, some seriously steamy sex and a giant helping of angst and tension. Sunny and Tanner were perfectly imperfect; a little jaded, a lot guilty and completely unsure of themselves and each other. But Ms. Riley led them home in a believable, real and raw manner, and damn, if I didn't love every single second.

I can only hope that this series continues in some form in the future. Maybe for Beth, maybe more Sunny and Tanner, maybe more Talia and Bran. Whatever, however, whenever it (*fingers crossed*) happens, I'll be first in line to one-click.

~ Review by Beth
 
 
More Carry Me Home, please! Damn, this book was sexy and sweet and quite literally unputdownable.

We first met Tanner and Sunny in Upside Down. Sunny is Talia’s plucky best friend and Tanner -- well, we didn’t really meet him, exactly. We heard about him and, frankly, we didn’t hear nice things.

I absolutely adored Sunny and Tanner together. I loved getting an inside look into some of the more catastrophic events that happened in Upside Down. I loved learning Tanner’s motivations and watching him evolve. I adored Sunny. She’s so broken and scared, but also tough and fiery.

These two together are combustible. Like, jaw open, tongue hanging out, breathing a little faster than what is normal – combustible.

This book ended too quickly for me. I could have read 500 more pages on this awesome couple! But I loved every page I got to read.
  ~ Review by Shelly

 



After studying at the University of Montana-Missoula, Lia Riley scoured the world armed only with a backpack, overconfidence and a terrible sense of direction. When not torturing heroes (because c'mon, who doesn't love a good tortured hero?), Lia herds unruly chickens, camps, beach combs, daydreams about as-of-yet unwritten books, wades through a mile-high TBR pile and schemes yet another trip. She and her family live mostly in Northern California.




No comments:

Post a Comment