Friday 1 May 2015

Review - Trust by J.M. Witt



Title: Trust
Series: Blind Vows #1
Author: J.M. Witt
Release Date: April 22, 2015 




Trust: An experiment of marital proportions.

Lucy is sick of the dating scene and especially sick of what she can never have; The Kerrigan boys, specifically Will and Heath.

After a run-in with Heathcliff Kerrigan, that proves everything she already knew about him, she agrees to partake in a new dating experiment. More like a marriage experiment.

Her match will be handpicked specifically for her; her likes, desires, needs, and possibly, her worst nightmare. And the scariest part is that she won't meet him or know his name until they meet at the altar.

Agreeing, she waits for the call that will change her life.

Will Lucy follow through and marry a total stranger?

Or does Heath have other plans in mind for her happily ever after?

Trust is a 15k word serial with a bit of humor, scorching steam, and surprises that await you at the altar.





AMAZON US / UK




I have to tell you that the cover is what drew me into this story and then I found the blurb to be very intriguing. I am so glad that I gave it a chance as it was a great read. It was short, sexy, and captivating.

We meet Lucy, a single woman who is ready to settle down. However, she has had a crush on Heath, a family friend, for years. The two have a past; they grew up together, and there is a lot of hatred between the two. Or at least that’s how it seems...

“There’s a thin line between love and hate.”

Underneath it all is a sizzling chemistry.

“Fuck! I want you to fuck me.”

After years of horrible dates, Lucy decides to do something crazy. She decides to marry a complete stranger through an experiment. But what happens if her match isn’t a stranger?

Trust definitely left me wanting more and I can’t wait for the next installment to find out if Lucy will say “I do.”

~ Review by Tiffany




I saw the covers, I read the blurb, and I. Was. Sold. Then, I read the book. And now? I'm excited for more.

A marriage experiment. A set of brothers that, frankly, make her crazy. An idea to get her happily ever after in a slightly-less-than-conventional way. Yep, Lucy is going to take the plunge with a total stranger...or is she?

I enjoyed this super-fast read. Trust is a very good introduction to the Blind Vows serial, and it definitely has me salivating for more. I'll admit that I found the writing a little stilted at times, and that it took me a little time to get immersed in the story, but once I got into, I was very into it. In fact, while Trust didn't knock my socks off completely, it certainly had them drooping at my ankles, because there were some great elements to this story.

Lucy and Heath had excellent chemistry -- it was easy to fall into the idea of them being together, which made this experiment all the more bewitching... Who would be waiting at the end of the aisle for Lucy? The brothers make an intriguing (and quite hot) sounding group, all of whom I wouldn't be adverse to reading more about.

And the idea itself? Well, the idea is a solid one, with a boatload of potential. We're left with questions and no resolution, and I can't wait for the next book to see if it reaches said potential. After this fun but frustrating cliffhanger, I sure hope it does!
~ Review by Beth




I’m a stay-at-home mom with four young children and one extremely supportive husband. We’ve been married for nine years and reside in Metro Detroit, Michigan.

I've dreamed of writing romance novels since I was little. After having baby #4, who may or may not have been fathered by Christian Grey, I decided it was time to pursue my dreams.

When I'm not volunteering at the schools of my children, running to various appointments, enjoying time with my friends and my book club, dating my husband, or avoiding cleaning my house, I'm writing!

I love music and believe that books and music can't exist without the other. My goal is for you to read more than a good book, but for you to have an experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment