Monday 20 April 2015

Review - For the Love of Raindrops by Beth Michele



Title: For the Love of Raindrops
Author: Beth Michele
Release Date: April 5, 2015 




A Best Friends to Lovers Story...
 
I fell in love with her when I was just a boy.

And then I never fell out of love. I just fell deeper.

But she has everything. She is everything. And I have nothing to offer her. Except my heart.

Sometimes the guy gets the girl, and they live happily ever after. I wanted to be that guy, you know? Especially since I can't imagine ever loving anyone else.

Right after I work up the courage to tell her, my world gets torn apart. My dream becomes my worst nightmare.

I wish I could go back in time. I wish I had told her sooner.

But most of all...I wish it would rain again.

**This novel spans Coming of Age, Young Adult, and New Adult genres. A full-length Standalone novel that does contain mature language and some sexual situations, and may also contain some possible emotional triggers.**













Sometimes, when I finish a book I need to take the time to process it. It can take me days to get my thoughts straight and write a review. Not this book though... No, I finished For the Love of Raindrops about 15 minutes ago, and I'm good. I know what I think and what I want to say. It's pretty simple really. 

I loved this book.

Dylan and Evie are best friends, and have been since they were kids. But Dylan doesn't just love Evie as a friend; he loves her and wants to give back what she's given to him. Everything. 

I could give you more about this book, but I don't want to and I don't need to. I don't want to spoil it for you, because this book, which artfully gives glimpses of Evie and Dylan then and now, is simply wonderful. I couldn't help but fall for these characters -- Dylan, who is kind, loving and sweet, and perhaps a little broken; and Evie, who is stubborn, brave and strong, and also maybe a little bit broken. Beth Michele made them more than likable, she made them lovable and that is the gift of this book. 

Dylan isn't a typical demanding, commanding, domineering male, just as Evie isn't a simpering, whimpering, submissive female. They complement each other and they feel real. They have their strengths and their weaknesses, but they read like actual human beings, not fictional fantasies. I wanted to take them under my wing, hug them, hang with them, take care of them. But most of all, I wanted them to find their everything in each other. 

Ms. Michele brought me to tears with For the Love of Raindrops. The story flowed beautifully. It was raw and poetic, and had me swallowing back the lump in my throat that accompanied the gentle tears that leaked from my eyes. There really wasn't a single thing about this book that I didn't adore. The secondary characters were excellent, adding to the story of Dylan and Evie, but never stealing their focus. The best friends-to-lovers storyline was crafted beautifully, paced perfectly and smokin' hot. And, for those that judge on these things (like me), the cover and title were on point too. 

For the Love of Raindrops is a standalone book with no cliffhanger, but damn it, I think these two have more story to tell, as do some of their wonderful friends and family. And I want to read those books, and as well as anything else Ms. Michele cares to write. It's that simple.

~ Review by Beth






Beth Michele is the author of Love Love, Lovely, Scarred Beautiful, and Finding Autumn. She is a Connecticut native who loves spending time with her husband and two children. If you can’t find her, though, she’s probably hiding out with her kindle somewhere quiet, preferably a spot overlooking the ocean. She has an affinity for Twizzlers, is a hopeless romantic, and a happily ever after fanatic.




No comments:

Post a Comment