Thursday 23 April 2015

Review - Shy Kinda Love by Deanna Eshler



Title: Shy Kinda Love
Author: Deanna Eshler
Release Date: February 4, 2015

When I was eleven, my best friend died in a car accident. When I was twelve, my mom walked out, leaving only a note to say goodbye. When I was eighteen, I was forced into witness protection.

My new name is Shyanne Adams. To protect myself, and painless existence, I do not live. I do not laugh. I do not love. For the last three years, the only meaningful thing I’ve done is care for the horse I rescued.

But now, at the age of twenty-one, the one person from both my past and present is pushing me to start living. Before I know it, I’m moving in with new friends who make me laugh. And next door is Kade Cross, the guy who wants me to love.

Kade knows that I will complicate his life, but he welcomes the challenge. He sees that I’m broken, but he doesn’t try to fix me. When he knows I’m trying to push him away, he braces for the impact.

What Kade doesn’t know is that I could have to relocate at any time. So I have to decide: is experiencing love for a short time worth the pain of losing it?

This New Adult Romance is an emotional journey through pain and healing as Shyanne decides to start living again, but never forgetting she could lose this life… just like her last one.
 

AMAZON US / UK




It didn't take long for me to start freaking out about Shy Kinda Love, the prologue just gutted me and I was hooked from there on.

Shyanne Adams's previous life was anything but pretty and because of that she's changed her name, where she lives, and her actions. Now that she has an opportunity to start fresh, she decides to be cautious and just lay low, yet the one person that has been with her through all of it is encouraging her to “live life".

Kade Cross is the boy next door in a sexy/nerdy way, and his sights are set on Shyanne Adams, the one that shies away from any kind of attention. Kade knows Shy is hiding something and he's willing to wait until she feels comfortable enough to share it with him. But until then he's going to show her that she can trust him.

This one was a little slow at first but once Kade made it clear that he was going to be pursuing her, he went all in and the story picked up. But just wait until about ¾ in to the book, because we are thrown in for a loop and oh my goodness, I didn't see that coming!! My attention was grabbed and I had to know how it ended... Did Shy and Kade get their chance at love? Will she be able to finally live life?

This book was really good and totally surprised me. I will definitely be looking out for more from Deanna Eshler!
~ Review by Kara
 


I'm a Licensed Clinical Counselor, with a masters degree, but I choose not use my degree. In 2013 I quit my job, working with foster kids and families, to stay at home with my 2 kids. That decision is one of my better ones to date.

In addition to my education in counseling, I am certified through EAGALA to provide Equestrian Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP). That training, and subsequent work using horses to help kids heal, is partially where my inspiration for Shy's story began. Watching children, and families, gain insight into their own behaviors through the horses has been an amazing process. I should mention that I'm not currently using this certification either. I like to gather information, training, titles, but I'm not big on utilizing my new skills.

I started reading, for fun, around 2007. I thank Harry Potter for showing me that escaping in a book is the best therapy. Since that time, I have read more than 500 books. This is one thing I have stayed committed to. I prefer audio books, since I can fold clothes and read at the same time, but I usually have a kindle book I'm reading simultaneously.

I decided to write my own novel when I realized there are not enough books in the New Adult genre. This is my favorite genre, thanks to Colleen Hoover and Jamie McGuire. Once I started writing Shy's story, I couldn't have stopped if I wanted to. Sometimes she would wake me in the middle of the night to tell me what the next chapter was about. Writing her story, as well as her horse's-Walker, was an emotional adventure. I hope you enjoy reading her story, as much as I enjoyed writing it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment