Wednesday 15 April 2015

Review- Jax by Kelly Gendron


Title: Jax
Series: Breaking the Declan Brothers Book 1
Author: Kelly Gendron
Release Date: March 17, 2015 



“Some boys can get rough, some don’t always listen when you tell them to stop, and some boys, they’re just monsters. You gotta be careful who you play with…” ~ Jax Declan 


I’m a tease, always have been. In my teens, Jax Declan tried to warn me about staying away from the bad boys. The only boy I ever wanted was Jax. But, no matter how much I tried to play with him, he rejected me. 
I haven’t seen Jax Declan in years. A couple friends and I are going back to the Bayou for the summer. A little older now, and a bit wiser, I’ve decided that I’m going to find my teenage crush and I’m going to break him. This summer Jax Declan will play with me. 
But the closer I get and the more I learn about the reserved, discreet, and sexy Jax Declan. Well, I’m starting to think that Jax Declan might just be one of those bad boys he tried to warn me about all those years ago. 

Warning ~ This book contains explicit sex scenes, graphic language, and is intended for mature audiences.






I know most people are in love with Jax from Sons of Anarchy, but never having watched that show (and after reading this book), I can safely say the Jax I want is Jax Declan. Broody, mysterious, Alpha hottie, Jax. 

After six years away, Emmie Rue is back in the Bayou, and back to lusting after the oldest Declan brother, Jax. Emmie plans to spend her summer with her two best friends, each breaking one of the Declan boys, and finally getting Jax to notice her. 

But the Jax she finds waiting for her is different to the one she left behind. Older, stronger, sexier, and maybe even more like the bad boys he warned her away from, than the good guy he always seemed to be...

Well, hell. Jax was a super fast read, and oh, how I wish it was longer. I think I could read about Jax Declan for days. He was all brooding strength and sexy dominance, and damn, if that didn't get my motor running. 

I loved this book. It was fun, panty-melting hot, and had me wanting...no, wait, needing to know more. I loved the banter between Emmie and Jax, the anticipation, the slight intrigue (questions, I have questions, which I hope will be answered in Slate). I loved the idea behind this book -- three best friends, looking to have some summer fun -- and I have to say, Ms. Gendron nailed the execution. Sure, it was shortish (or it felt so, because I couldn't put it down) but there was enough happening to command my interest, and the pace was spot on. It wasn't rushed, but it wasn't drawn out either. Make sense? Meh, just read and you'll see what I mean. 

Eek, I cannot wait for more from this series. Jax is just the first book in the Breaking the Declan Brothers series, and damn it, I don't want to wait for Slate and Zeke to get their books too! 
~ Beth, 5 stars 



OMG! Jax was absolutely amazing!! It was even better and so much more than I expected it would be! I positively loved, Loved, LOVED IT!!! 

Oh my gosh, I'm just so excited about it, I don't even know where to start! I guess I'll tell you about Emmie Rue first and then I'll get to the delicious sexiness that is Jax! 

Emmie Rue is an awesome heroine! She's sassy, confident, and determined with a ton of fire and spirit to back her up. She has this positive energy about her and even though she's a former beauty queen, she has a sweet and kind genuineness to her that I just loved! Emmie was real and just as beautiful on the inside as she was on the outside. 

Now, onto Jax and whoo-ee ladies, let me just tell you, you're going to need to change your panties after this one gets ahold of you because yowzers, this man is HOT! Like, scorching, burning, melting HOT!! Jax is like the ultimate Alpha; he's so dominant, possessive, and in control. He can be kind of a turkey sometimes, but he's also sweet, patient, and understanding. I just completely loved him!

Jax is a very fast and mostly easy read with just a little darkness in it. It will make your heart ache, pound, swell, and melt. It's a fun, but meaningful, beautiful, and super HOT story and I wholeheartedly loved it!! 

Jax is told from both Jax and Emmie's POV and they definitely get their HEA! It is a standalone, but the ending was cliffhanger-y and what a cliffhanger it was! I need Slate's story like, NOW!!! 
~ Paige, 5 stars 






Kelly resides in a quiet suburb somewhere between Buffalo and Niagara Falls, NY. Her day job? Kelly's worked in the healthcare field for years, representing a group of reputable nursing facilities in the WNY area. 

She's been faithfully writing for three years. However, she wrote her first book ten years ago but had to put it down to raise her son as a single mom. When her son got a little older, she was able to pick it back up. That's when she settled into her newly married life and started to seriously write again.



No comments:

Post a Comment