Wednesday 15 April 2015

Review- The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn


Title: The Virgin Romance Author
Author: Meghan Quinn
Release Date: April 15, 2015 



**WARNING: THE VIRGIN ROMANCE NOVELIST IS A STANDALONE ROMANTIC COMEDY THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO LAUGH LIKE A HYENA IN PUBLIC. READ IN THE CONFINES OF YOUR OWN HOME. IF YOU ARE ADDICTED TO CLIFFHANGERS, GETTING YOUR HEART RIPPED OUT OF YOUR CHEST AND FEELING LIKE A BULLDOZER JUST PLOWED THROUGH YOUR STOMACH, THEN THIS BOOK IS NOT FOR YOU. IF YOU LIKE PEEING YOUR PANTS AND CRYING FROM LAUGHING SO HARD, THEN PLEASE CONTINUE READING.*** 

Her bosom heaved at an alarming rate as his rough hand found its way down to her soft, yet wiry briar patch... 

Can you say briar patch in a romance novel? What about meat sword? That’s what it is…a meat sword, right, all meaty and sword like, slaying through the inner dungeons of a woman’s dark desires. What about breasts? Do bosoms really heave? 

God, I have no idea what happens when private parts touch. 

I’m a virgin trying to write a romance novel and can’t seem to write past a sex scene thanks to my lack of experience. 

My two best friends encourage me to drop the pen for a while and gain some real life practice through multiple dating facets such as blind dates, online profiles, and random hookups. 

But losing my virginity is proving to be tougher than expected…







Ladies (and gents)! If romance is your thang, I have just read the mother of all RomComs. This book is seriously piss-your-pants hilarious. Being a mother of four, my bladder function is entirely sketchy, but fuck me, this book had me imitating Old Faithful! A gushing geyser of guffaws. Say that five times fast!

Our heroine, Rosie, is an aspiring romance author and *gasp* a virgin. How can a virgin write a decent sex scene, you ask? She can't! So our story unfolds... A dating site, a blind date, a meet-cute with a co-worker, and meddling roommates to guide her on her way. All which are disastrous, but I won't go into details because you need to read the hilarity for yourself.

If you couldn't tell already, I freaking loved this book. Seriously. I am girl crushing so hard right now on Meghan Quinn because she wrote stuff in this book that we all think, some of us have experienced and SHE WENT THERE! She's got grapefruit-sized balls-of-steel. The Virgin Romance Novelist is funny and sexy. I got the stink eye from my kids every time I laughed, and that's pretty much the entire book. Standalone, no cliffhanger.

~ Erin, 5 stars






When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the Contemporary Romance genre and was sold and I haven't turned back since. 

You can either find my head buried in my Kindle, listening to inspiring heart ripping music or typing away on the computer twisting and turning the lives of my characters while driving my readers crazy with anticipation.

​I currently reside in beautiful Colorado Springs where the sun is always shining and there is a trail waiting to be hiked on every corner. I share a lovely and warm home with the love of my life and my five, four-legged children.




No comments:

Post a Comment