Friday 17 April 2015

Review - The Traveling Woman by Jane Harvey-Berrick



Title: The Traveling Woman
Series: The Traveling Duet #2
Author: Jane Harvey-Berrick
Release Date: April 5, 2015 




How many times do you gamble on love? When love has knocked you down, should you give it another chance? When does optimism become stupidity? 

And what happens when the man you’re in love with is never still, always moving, always traveling? Do you say goodbye, or do you leave behind everything that you’ve worked for, everything that you’ve ever known? Can a traveling carnival be my home? 

Oh. You thought I had the answers. No, sorry. No answers, just a lot of questions—and a heart that wants to rule my head. 

Can one person be my home? 

The conclusion of Kestrel and Aimee's story, begun in 'The Traveling Man'







When I finished The Traveling Man, I wasn't happy with the ending. I was pretty mad actually and I really didn't want to read the next book quite yet, but I did anyway and I am so glad that I did because I absolutely LOVED The Traveling Woman! The way I pictured it being in my head was totally wrong, and I couldn't have been happier to be wrong about that. It is a wonderful book and I very much enjoyed reading it! 

I wasn't really too fond of Aimee in the last book, but she definitely changed my mind about her in this one. She found the magic again and followed her heart, not her head. I was thrilled and really had to respect that she chose Kes and that once she did, she fought for him every step of the way. Aimee is strong, brave, and loyal. I really loved her character! 

Kestrel, oh my gosh, I forgot how sweet that man could be! He still has a few of his jerk moments, but for the most part he is just absolutely wonderful! He makes such an effort with Aimee and he completely stole and melted my heart. I love, love, love that man! 

The Traveling Woman might not be as angsty as the first book, but it still broke my heart at times. It made me laugh and smile a lot though too. It's beautiful and a different kind of magical than the first book, but magical nonetheless and it will give you the heart feels. It was truly amazing to me and I positively loved it! 

The Traveling Woman is the conclusion to the first book, it's told only in Aimee's POV, and Aimee and Kes finally get their much deserved happily ever after!
~ Review by Paige



I adored The Traveling Man when I first read it. Aimee and Kes met as kids, fell in love and were ripped apart, to be reunited later as adults. I was so excited to read the continuation of their story. Jane Harvey-Berrick is a master storyteller. The Traveling Woman, although a good solid book, just didn't work for me. 

I really hate to say this but I was bored through the first 50% of the book. Yes, it's pretty hot but I just couldn't connect with the story or characters. The last half of the book picked up for me and then got much, much better. I finally had those feelings flowing again and fell back in love with the story. 

The Traveling Woman is the second book in The Traveling Duet and should be read after The Traveling Man. It's told through Aimee's POV.
~ Review by Erin






I lived in London for over 10 years and have a love affair with New York. It's only since I have moved to the countryside, that the words have really begun to flow.

I live in a small village by the ocean and walk my little dog, Pip, every day. It’s on those beachside walks that I have all my best ideas. 

Writing has become a way of life – and one that I love to share. 




No comments:

Post a Comment