Wednesday 8 April 2015

Review - The Good Girls by Teresa Mummert



Title: The Good Girls
Author: Teresa Mummert
Release Date: April 6, 2015 




My life was meticulously planned and I refused to deviate from that path. While my peers were partying, I prepared for the future. Then a tragic event destroyed everything and I learned that while I was looking ahead, I forgot to live in the moment.

Starting over seemed impossible until I met Cara McCarthy, who lived every day like it was her last. She opened my eyes to a world of chaos and disorder. I loved every minute of it. She was also dating Tristan Adams, one of the most gorgeous men I'd ever seen.

The three of us became inseparable. Our parents were oblivious and soon lines became blurred, feelings began to grow, and someone's heart was going to get broken. I hoped it wasn't mine.

Full-length stand alone novel









I'll admit F/F books aren't typically my thing. I was first intrigued by this book when I saw the teasers on Teresa's page. And I'm pretty willing to try anything once. Right now I'm so glad I took a chance on this story.

I'm going to skip the summary on this one because there's a lot to this book and I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. You either read the blurb and want to read the book or you just bypass it. I do hope you'll have an open mind and give it a try.

This is a beautifully crafted love story. The characters are real, heartfelt and easily relatable. You see their internal battles, and also their battles with a sometimes unaccepting society. It's a story of best friends turned more. That it doesn't matter what gender you fall in love with. Love is love.

The Good Girls is a standalone with dual points of view from both protagonists. It's a wonderful book and I urge you to step outside the box and give it a One-Click. Teresa, I applaud you for writing this story.

~ Review by Erin




I was a Russian spy at the ripe age of thirteen, given my uncanny ability to tell if someone was lying (I also read fortunes on the weekends). By sixteen I had become too much of a handful for the Lethal Intelligence Ensemble (L.I.E.). I was quickly exiled to the south of France where I worked with wayward elephants in the Circus of Roaming Animals and People (C.R.A.P.). I was able to make ends meet by selling my organs on the black market for pocket change and beer money. At the age of twenty three I decided to expand my horizons and become a blackjack dealer in Ireland. I loved the family atmosphere at Barney's Underground Liquor Lounge (B.U.L.L.). People couldn't resist the allure of Liquor up front and poker in the rear. Eventually I became tired of the rear and headed off to the United States to try my hand at tall tales. That is what brings us here today. If you have a moment I'd like to tell you a story.
 
(This bio is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance.)



No comments:

Post a Comment