Tuesday 7 April 2015

Review - Man Candy by Jessica Ingro



Title: Man Candy
Author: Jessica Ingro
Release Date: April 1, 2015 



He's too sexy…
 
 
When Ben Harris agreed to fill in as a cover model at an author signing he wasn’t sure what to expect, but women throwing themselves at him, numbers being stuffed in his pocket, and covert attempts at getting into his hotel room definitely wasn’t it. On the other hand, there is the hottie assistant he can’t keep his eyes off...

...for her love.

Clarissa Darling is always eager to be her cousin’s assistant at signings, but the one thing she wasn’t planning on this time around is the sexy man candy posing for pictures at her table. The last thing she needs is another womanizing playboy chasing after her.

Ben is determined to show Clarissa that he’s more than just a pretty face and smoking body. He’s betting on wearing her down and weakening her resistance. Will one taste of this man candy be all it takes to have her craving more?








Although I have one-clicked several of Jessica Ingro's books, based on excellent blurbs, word-of-mouth recommendations, and copious 5-star reviews, Man Candy marks the first time I have read one of her books. It will not be the last.

Being man candy at an author signing -- groped, flirted with and propositioned -- was not exactly what Ben Harris had in mind when he agreed to do a favor for a friend. Neither was meeting the beautiful assistant he can't keep his eyes off.

Clarissa Darling has a bad track record with men, and no matter how intense the connection between her and her cousin's model may be, she's done with hot, sexy, selfish men.

Except Ben is determined to wear her down and prove he's different. Can she let him in before it's too late?

Ben. This book is BEN. He's a wonderful character, one you want to root for and one that makes you think everyone else is silly for not seeing what you see...that he's book boyfriend perfection. I may have struggled somewhat with the childish, somewhat irritating antics of Ben's brother, Tanner, and Rissa's cousin, Meredith. I may have wanted to knock some sense into Rissa, with her back-and-forth denial of their chemistry. I may have shook my Kindle on occasion because of bad decision making. But through it all...BEN. He made this book. Can you tell I love him?

Ms. Ingro's style is charming, playful and fun. Man Candy was an enjoyable -- albeit occasionally frustrating read -- and one I breezed through. How could I not? The story was interesting, Ben was delightful and lovable, the song quotes were a blast to try to place (even if I am still singing Britney) and the ending... Oh my, the ending! I loved the epilogue, which was a stellar finish and very rewarding for lovers of happily ever after. The last three words gave me a big, huge smile, and I'm betting they will you too.

As a first timer to Ms. Ingro's work, she definitely has me excited to read more. Lucky for me, I have them pre-loaded on my Kindle so I don't have to wait.

~ Review by Beth




An author signing, a cover model, and a gorgeous author assistant—what could go wrong? A lot!
 
Ben Harris is coerced into filling in at an author signing. Not having any idea what to expect, Ben finds himself in some precarious situations involving the women attendees—the least of which is his attraction to the author’s assistant, Rissa.
Clarissa “Rissa” Darling, works as her cousin, Meredith’s assistant during author signings. She’s wary of the pretty boy man candy sitting at the table. She’s dealing with enough man challenges in her personal life, she doesn’t need the hot playboy chasing after her.

Ben and Rissa are determined. Ben’s determined he’s going to prove to Rissa he’s not just a gorgeous hunk of man but a man of substance and heart. Rissa’s determined to not be fooled again by a pretty face that can’t be trusted.

I love Jessica Ingro’s books. Her Concierge series is one of my favorites. She balances humor, wit, angst, and sexy times beautifully in her books. I really wanted to love this book. I’ve been to several author signings, fangirled over the authors and had pictures taken with the cover models. I really liked Ben and Rissa for the most part. BEN. Swoon. Ben never gave up and was truly determined to win Rissa’s heart. Rissa, I wanted to slap some sense into a couple times, and yes, I did find myself shaking my Kindle. Now, Meredith and Tanner on the other hand were childish and annoying to me. They’re lucky they’re family because I’m sure both Ben and Rissa would have happily ditched them both at some point!


~ Review by Missy





Jessica is the author of the Love Square series. She grew up in Central New York, where she spends her days as a Security Analyst at an IT consulting company. In her free time, she enjoys reading books and developing ideas for her own stories. Writing is her secret passion that she's been fostering since elementary school, when she wrote her first book about a puppy. It has always been a dream of hers to be able to share her stories with the world.

Jessica currently lives in New York with her husband and three dogs.




No comments:

Post a Comment