Friday 24 April 2015

Review - Promise Me Once by Paige Weaver



Title: Promise Me Once
Series: Promise Me #3
Author: Paige Weaver
Release Date: April 19, 2015




Once with him was never enough.

I am the girl you dislike. The girl you snub at parties. I am the one who flirts with men and knows no boundaries. I am the one you whisper about. The one who has no rules. I am the one who takes and uses without any regret or excuses.

On the outside I am perfect. I have money, looks, and a personality that makes people stand up and take notice, but on the inside I am broken and hurting.

Then I met Cash Marshall.

He wasn’t what I needed, but I wanted him anyway. It was Cash’s carved, muscular body I thought about. It was his cool, confident touch I craved. I swore he would only be a one-night stand, another distraction to take away the pain.

But then our world changed.

Our story is not about love. Love is pretty and sweet and full of niceties. Those no longer exist. Our story is about finding each other again in a world gone crazy. It’s about surviving the impossible when war ravaged our land. It’s about saving each other from the darkness and finding out just how strong we could be.

And maybe, just maybe, along the way, we’ll find love…

Once and for all.



AMAZON US / UK




I need some Cash -- and that has nothing to do with money! Cash Marshall, "looked like a recovering addict's worst nightmare." Another swoony cowboy in Dallas to drool over, ladies. He’s a hard working, hay throwin' Texan who falls hard for someone he never expected to.

Cat is a "numb and wild" child. Town royalty. Spoiled, gorgeous, famous one-night-stand queen! Until Cash. Their chemistry is apparent from the very start.

I loved, loved, loved the first two books in this Promise Meseries. This most recent one can be read as a standalone, and is set within the time period of the first book. As before, this edition has steamy, dreamy love scenes with a huge twist of events!!

"...too surreal to believe. Too terrible to understand."

And yet, it all could happen. Which makes this a great read. With believable characters and events, there is something intoxicating about Ms. Weaver's writing. I read a lot of books, but very few get my heart racing and make me hold my breath. Paige has NEVER disappointed me with that. The men she brings alive on the pages are real, breathtaking, manly men. Perfect; flaws and all.

This is NOT your typical cowboy romance. At all. So glad to finally read Cash's story and cannot WAIT for more! I loved every page. 5 "Take me, cowboy" stars!

~ Review by Krissy





Paige Weaver’s first passion has always been reading. Many hours of her childhood were spent getting lost between the pages of a book, disappearing into other worlds. That turned into a love for writing at a young age. Her first book, Promise Me Darkness, became a New York Times and USA Today bestseller quickly after being released.

Paige lives in Texas with her husband and two children. When she's not writing or reading, you can find her chasing her kids around and living her very own happily ever-after.





No comments:

Post a Comment